Sports Briefs 4/25

Mens Basketball

The University of Miami hired George Mason’s Jim Larranaga as the new head coach for the basketball program. Larranaga leaves George Mason after a 14 year tenure where he reached the NCAA Tournament five times, including a run to the Final Four back in 2006. He takes over a team that returns all but one of its players from last year, with Adrian Thomas the only graduating senior.

Baseball

Former Cane Ryan Braun has agreed to a five year, 105 million dollar extension to remain with the Milwaukee Brewers that will keep him in a Brewers uniform until 2020.

Darci Miller may be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...