KAOS to host spring showcase

Thanks to the 14 talented members of KAOS, students can celebrate the end of the year with music, hip-hop and dancing before entering the silence of Club Richter. On Tuesday at 9 p.m. KAOS hosts their annual spring showcase- an event that has been around since the founding of the club in the mid-’90s.

Finishing up her second semester as a KAOS member, freshman Julianne Byun can’t wait to relieve herself from the stress of finals and liven up campus.

“The spring showcase is really just to bring UM some amazing entertainment at the end of the semester,” Byun said, “It’s a night full of dancing, and people who are passionate about sharing their love for performing.”

KAOS dedicates at least two nights a week to practice during the semester. As the spring showcase nears, their practices last longer and take place more frequently.

President and fourth year member of KAOS, senior Rickey Pierre II, anticipates sharing the club’s originality and hard work with his fellow classmates.

“We do all of our own choreography. Everything you see on that stage is a product of our own creativity,” Pierre said. “I’ve loved every single second of it.”

After receiving feedback from the audience from the fall showcase, Pierre ensures students that they put all of their effort into making the spring showcase even better.

“We try to bring something new to each showcase so the experience is never the same,” Pierre said. “There’s also a segment that involves the KAOS guys and chairs that the ladies tend to enjoy.”

As entertaining as the showcase is for the audience members, Pierre encourages all students to audition next fall.

“We can’t count how many times we’ve heard ‘I wanted to try-out but I didn’t think I was good enough’”, Pierre said. “Whether you’ve been dancing your whole life or you’ve never danced before, it doesn’t hurt to try.”

Junior Eric Rivera has become an avid KAOS fan and looks forward to the showcase after watching them in action in the past.

“There’s no better way to end the year than seeing some phenomenal dancing,” Rivera said. “People would be crazy to miss out on it.”

To find out more about the club, please contact umiamiKAOS@yahoo.com or see the KAOS: UM hip hop Facebook page.

Chelsea Frankel may be contacted at cfrankel@themiamihurricane.com.

Who: KAOS with several guest acts

Date: Tuesday at 9 p.m.

Where: The Rock

Cost: Free

Contact: umiamiKAOS@yahoo.com

Facebook page: KAOS: UM hip hop

Chelsea Frankel

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...