Student-run app company gets wordy with ‘Quotebook’

Can’t remember who said “carpe diem?” Finally, there’s an app for that.

Sophomore Brian Capps, along with partners Matt Bischoff and Andrew Harrison, created a new iPhone app called Quotebook through their mobile application development company, Lickability. The app was released on March 30.

Quotebook allows users to store quotes and share them with friends through social networks. Users can also add tags and other information about the quote before storing it. It is the first app to allow users to add quotes to their own database.

“Most apps go the opposite way,” Capps said. “We started with a clean slate.”

Quotebook ranks among the top 20 applications in the “reference” category in Apple’s App Store and carries a five-star rating from users.

“I’m happy with the whole thing. It turned out better than I first imagined,” said Capps, who hopes to make a career out of developing mobile applications.

According to Capps, the trio was surprised by the first weeks of sales. In the coming weeks, the app will see its first update, which will fix minor problems in the software.

Quotebook is currently on sale for $1.99 on iTunes and is only available for the iPhone.

Capps hopes to develop a version of Quotebook for  the iPad in the future.

Kristian Alwill may be contacted at kalwill@themiamihurricane.com.

Kristian Alwill

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...