Student-run app company gets wordy with ‘Quotebook’

Can’t remember who said “carpe diem?” Finally, there’s an app for that.

Sophomore Brian Capps, along with partners Matt Bischoff and Andrew Harrison, created a new iPhone app called Quotebook through their mobile application development company, Lickability. The app was released on March 30.

Quotebook allows users to store quotes and share them with friends through social networks. Users can also add tags and other information about the quote before storing it. It is the first app to allow users to add quotes to their own database.

“Most apps go the opposite way,” Capps said. “We started with a clean slate.”

Quotebook ranks among the top 20 applications in the “reference” category in Apple’s App Store and carries a five-star rating from users.

“I’m happy with the whole thing. It turned out better than I first imagined,” said Capps, who hopes to make a career out of developing mobile applications.

According to Capps, the trio was surprised by the first weeks of sales. In the coming weeks, the app will see its first update, which will fix minor problems in the software.

Quotebook is currently on sale for $1.99 on iTunes and is only available for the iPhone.

Capps hopes to develop a version of Quotebook for  the iPad in the future.

Kristian Alwill may be contacted at kalwill@themiamihurricane.com.

Kristian Alwill

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...