Earth Day destinations

Looking to surround yourself with fellow tree huggers and go green for Earth Day? There are plenty of ways to celebrate around Miami this weekend.

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden will offer free admission on Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Local food trucks, including “gastroPod,” “MexZican Gourmet” and “Dolci Peccati Gelato,” will be on the grounds, and at 11 a.m. Rina Yoga will hold a free class in Fairchild’s Garden House.

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is located at 10901 Old Cutler Rd. For more information, visit fairchildgarden.org.

South Miami

The South Miami farmers’ market at City Hall will add several Earth Day events on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Green products and food grown by local farmers will be on sale, and experts on energy efficiency, gardening and recycling will be available to offer advice.

The farmer’s market will be held at 6130 Sunset Dr.

Palms Hotel

Head to the Palms Hotel on Saturday at 4 p.m. for their first “Shoreline Social,” a beach cleanup between 29th and 32nd Street. The Palms is a part of the City of Miami Beach’s Adopt-A-Beach program. Following the two-hour cleanup, enjoy poolside cocktails and snacks at the hotel. Guests must be 21 and older.

To sign up for the event, email tmorariu@thepalmshotel.com. The Palms Hotel is located at 3025 Collins Ave. Volunteers should meet at the Tiki Cabanas in the Palms’ tropical garden.

EVOS

EVOS, dubbed the “Greenest Burger Chain in America” by greenopia.com three years in a row, will be offering free organic milkshakes to their customers on Friday. Their menu, which promotes sustainability, includes burgers, wraps, salads and “airfries,” which are baked rather than deep-fried.

EVOS is located on 9537 S. Dixie Highway in the Dadeland Plaza shopping center.

Spencer Dandes may be contacted at sdandes@themiamihurricane.com.

Spencer Dandes

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...