Sports briefs 4/21

Tennis

The men’s team has earned the No.4 seed in the ACC Championship tournament, which takes place on April 21-24 in Cary, N.C. The top four seeded teams have a first-round bye, and begin play on the April 22. Miami will face the winner of Georgia Tech/Boston College on Friday at 9 a.m. The women’s team earned the No.3 seed in their tournament, which gives them a first-round bye as well. They first take the court on Friday at 3 p.m. against the winner of Clemson/Virginia Tech.

Rowing

Miami is competing in the ACC Championship, held in Clemson, S.C. The event takes place on Saturday, April 23 at 9 a.m.

Track and Field

The No.21 Hurricanes are traveling to Durham, N.C. to take part in the ACC Championships. The competition takes place from April 21-23, with events happening all day.

Senior Ti’erra Brown was named the ACC Performer of the Week on Tuesday after winning the 100m hurdles at the Hurricane Invitational over the weekend. It is the second time in her career that she earns the honor.

Football

Head coach Al Golden released the final depth chart for the spring on Monday afternoon. Among notable position battles, both Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris have been placed at the top of the depth chart at quarterback, signifying there has been no clear cut decision made yet. Freshman Malcolm Bunche has also been placed ahead of Seantrel Henderson at left tackle.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Shakima Wimbley and Gracie Lachowecki, have officially been nam ...

Miami Deputy AD/SWA Jennifer Strawley has been named a member of the WBCA Board of Directors, as ann ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...