Sports briefs 4/21

Tennis

The men’s team has earned the No.4 seed in the ACC Championship tournament, which takes place on April 21-24 in Cary, N.C. The top four seeded teams have a first-round bye, and begin play on the April 22. Miami will face the winner of Georgia Tech/Boston College on Friday at 9 a.m. The women’s team earned the No.3 seed in their tournament, which gives them a first-round bye as well. They first take the court on Friday at 3 p.m. against the winner of Clemson/Virginia Tech.

Rowing

Miami is competing in the ACC Championship, held in Clemson, S.C. The event takes place on Saturday, April 23 at 9 a.m.

Track and Field

The No.21 Hurricanes are traveling to Durham, N.C. to take part in the ACC Championships. The competition takes place from April 21-23, with events happening all day.

Senior Ti’erra Brown was named the ACC Performer of the Week on Tuesday after winning the 100m hurdles at the Hurricane Invitational over the weekend. It is the second time in her career that she earns the honor.

Football

Head coach Al Golden released the final depth chart for the spring on Monday afternoon. Among notable position battles, both Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris have been placed at the top of the depth chart at quarterback, signifying there has been no clear cut decision made yet. Freshman Malcolm Bunche has also been placed ahead of Seantrel Henderson at left tackle.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Darci Miller Opinion Editor

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

View photos of the first day of Miami Hurricanes spring football practice on Tues., March 22, 2017 … ...

News and views from the first day of UM football spring practice: • Found it interesting that when M ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

The world renown flautist joins the Frost School of Music ...

A fluid multi-platform exhibition examines the impacts of climate change through art, research, medi ...

At the Net with Jesse Flores ...

At the Net with... ...

Kristina Fisher of the Miami soccer team has been selected to participate in an upcoming U.S. U-23 W ...

Freshman Greg Veliz put together another strong midweek outing as the Hurricanes beat FAU 7-5. ...

Junior Piotr Lomacki represents the Canes in the ITA singles rankings, released Tuesday, at No. 73. ...