Sports briefs 4/21

Tennis

The men’s team has earned the No.4 seed in the ACC Championship tournament, which takes place on April 21-24 in Cary, N.C. The top four seeded teams have a first-round bye, and begin play on the April 22. Miami will face the winner of Georgia Tech/Boston College on Friday at 9 a.m. The women’s team earned the No.3 seed in their tournament, which gives them a first-round bye as well. They first take the court on Friday at 3 p.m. against the winner of Clemson/Virginia Tech.

Rowing

Miami is competing in the ACC Championship, held in Clemson, S.C. The event takes place on Saturday, April 23 at 9 a.m.

Track and Field

The No.21 Hurricanes are traveling to Durham, N.C. to take part in the ACC Championships. The competition takes place from April 21-23, with events happening all day.

Senior Ti’erra Brown was named the ACC Performer of the Week on Tuesday after winning the 100m hurdles at the Hurricane Invitational over the weekend. It is the second time in her career that she earns the honor.

Football

Head coach Al Golden released the final depth chart for the spring on Monday afternoon. Among notable position battles, both Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris have been placed at the top of the depth chart at quarterback, signifying there has been no clear cut decision made yet. Freshman Malcolm Bunche has also been placed ahead of Seantrel Henderson at left tackle.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...