Sports briefs 4/21

Tennis

The men’s team has earned the No.4 seed in the ACC Championship tournament, which takes place on April 21-24 in Cary, N.C. The top four seeded teams have a first-round bye, and begin play on the April 22. Miami will face the winner of Georgia Tech/Boston College on Friday at 9 a.m. The women’s team earned the No.3 seed in their tournament, which gives them a first-round bye as well. They first take the court on Friday at 3 p.m. against the winner of Clemson/Virginia Tech.

Rowing

Miami is competing in the ACC Championship, held in Clemson, S.C. The event takes place on Saturday, April 23 at 9 a.m.

Track and Field

The No.21 Hurricanes are traveling to Durham, N.C. to take part in the ACC Championships. The competition takes place from April 21-23, with events happening all day.

Senior Ti’erra Brown was named the ACC Performer of the Week on Tuesday after winning the 100m hurdles at the Hurricane Invitational over the weekend. It is the second time in her career that she earns the honor.

Football

Head coach Al Golden released the final depth chart for the spring on Monday afternoon. Among notable position battles, both Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris have been placed at the top of the depth chart at quarterback, signifying there has been no clear cut decision made yet. Freshman Malcolm Bunche has also been placed ahead of Seantrel Henderson at left tackle.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...