Sports briefs 4/18

Track and field

UM hosted its final home meet of the 2011 season on Saturday, the Hurricane Alumni Invitational. Despite a two-hour rain delay in the afternoon, the Hurricanes earned 28 top 10 finishes. In her final home meet as a Hurricane, Ti’erra Brown finished first in the women’s 100m hurdles. Devon Hill finished second in both the men’s 110m hurdles and 400m hurdles. Former Cane and National Champion Lauryn Williams won the 200m dash. Miami will next travel to Durham, N.C., for the ACC Championships on Thursday-Saturday.

Men’s tennis

The Hurricanes headed up to Durham, N.C., to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the regular season finale on Sunday afternoon. The Canes won two out of three doubles matches to secure the doubles point, but were unable to do much else as the Blue Devils won five out of the six singles matches to take the overall win, 5-2. Miami will now prepare for the ACC Tournament set to kick off starting on Thursday.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...