Sports briefs 4/18

Track and field

UM hosted its final home meet of the 2011 season on Saturday, the Hurricane Alumni Invitational. Despite a two-hour rain delay in the afternoon, the Hurricanes earned 28 top 10 finishes. In her final home meet as a Hurricane, Ti’erra Brown finished first in the women’s 100m hurdles. Devon Hill finished second in both the men’s 110m hurdles and 400m hurdles. Former Cane and National Champion Lauryn Williams won the 200m dash. Miami will next travel to Durham, N.C., for the ACC Championships on Thursday-Saturday.

Men’s tennis

The Hurricanes headed up to Durham, N.C., to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the regular season finale on Sunday afternoon. The Canes won two out of three doubles matches to secure the doubles point, but were unable to do much else as the Blue Devils won five out of the six singles matches to take the overall win, 5-2. Miami will now prepare for the ACC Tournament set to kick off starting on Thursday.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...