News Brief 4/18

Dining town hall meeting
The Dining Task Force will be sharing the results of the recent dining hall survey in a town hall meeting on Monday at 7:45 p.m. in Mahoney Classroom 204. Mahoney, Pearson and Eaton residents are invited to attend.

Meditation registration
The deadline to register for the meditation class taught by Lunthita Duthley is Thursday. The class will take place on Friday from 7:30 to 9 p.m. and will feature the teachings of Sri Chinmoy.

The class is free and open to all. To RSVP, please call 305-284-LIFE (305-284-5433).

Get answers for master’s
The Master’s of Arts in international administration (MAIA) program will be hosting a question-and-answer session on  Monday at 6 p.m. in the McKnight Building Room 102.

To RSVP, email maiaprogram@miami.edu or call 305-284-8783.

Summer financial aid
To be eligible for loans for the summer session, undergraduate students must be enrolled during Summer I and/or Summer II for at least six credits. A graduate student must be enrolled for at least two credits. To apply for loans, students must submit a 2010-2011 FAFSA, complete a federal direct master promissory note and complete entrance counseling. After completing these steps, submit an online request form at miami.edu/ofas.

For assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Assistance at 305-284-5212.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...