Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs

Football

The Hurricanes will compete in their Spring Game on Saturday. The event begins at noon, with an autograph signing beginning at 10 a.m. Parking and admission are free, and parking will open at 8:30 a.m.

Men’s basketball

UM sophomore center Reggie Johnson has elected to submit his name for the upcoming NBA Draft, but will not hire an agent to retain the option of returning to the Hurricanes for the 2011-2012 season. He was Miami’s leading rebounder and third-leading scorer and finished the season ranked second in the ACC in offensive rebounds.

Women’s tennis

The Hurricanes will put their six-match winning streak on the line on Friday evening as they take on the No. 3 Duke Blue Devils in their regular season finale. The match will be held at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center at 5 p.m. and will be free to the public.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...