Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs

Football

The Hurricanes will compete in their Spring Game on Saturday. The event begins at noon, with an autograph signing beginning at 10 a.m. Parking and admission are free, and parking will open at 8:30 a.m.

Men’s basketball

UM sophomore center Reggie Johnson has elected to submit his name for the upcoming NBA Draft, but will not hire an agent to retain the option of returning to the Hurricanes for the 2011-2012 season. He was Miami’s leading rebounder and third-leading scorer and finished the season ranked second in the ACC in offensive rebounds.

Women’s tennis

The Hurricanes will put their six-match winning streak on the line on Friday evening as they take on the No. 3 Duke Blue Devils in their regular season finale. The match will be held at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center at 5 p.m. and will be free to the public.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

The University of Miami women's golf team moved to No. 25 in the latest Golfweek.com rankings t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 4-2 decision at No. 12 Oklahoma State Saturday. ...

The Hurricanes fell to the Orange, 62-55, at the Watsco Center. ...