Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs

Football

The Hurricanes will compete in their Spring Game on Saturday. The event begins at noon, with an autograph signing beginning at 10 a.m. Parking and admission are free, and parking will open at 8:30 a.m.

Men’s basketball

UM sophomore center Reggie Johnson has elected to submit his name for the upcoming NBA Draft, but will not hire an agent to retain the option of returning to the Hurricanes for the 2011-2012 season. He was Miami’s leading rebounder and third-leading scorer and finished the season ranked second in the ACC in offensive rebounds.

Women’s tennis

The Hurricanes will put their six-match winning streak on the line on Friday evening as they take on the No. 3 Duke Blue Devils in their regular season finale. The match will be held at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center at 5 p.m. and will be free to the public.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...