Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs

Football

The Hurricanes will compete in their Spring Game on Saturday. The event begins at noon, with an autograph signing beginning at 10 a.m. Parking and admission are free, and parking will open at 8:30 a.m.

Men’s basketball

UM sophomore center Reggie Johnson has elected to submit his name for the upcoming NBA Draft, but will not hire an agent to retain the option of returning to the Hurricanes for the 2011-2012 season. He was Miami’s leading rebounder and third-leading scorer and finished the season ranked second in the ACC in offensive rebounds.

Women’s tennis

The Hurricanes will put their six-match winning streak on the line on Friday evening as they take on the No. 3 Duke Blue Devils in their regular season finale. The match will be held at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center at 5 p.m. and will be free to the public.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...