News Briefs 4/14

Up ‘til Dawn Applications

Applications for the executive board are due Friday by 5 p.m. in UC 214. An interview sign-up sheet will be available at that time. Up ‘Til Dawn is a student organization that fundraises for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. For more information and to receive an application, contact Vivian Chao at v.chao@umiami.edu.

Poetry Track changes

For the academic year 2011-2012, no writing samples will be needed to gain admittance into the poetry track of the creative writing major. For more information and to sign up, contact M. Evelina Galang at mgalang@miami.edu or Maureen Seaton at mseaton@miami.edu.

Screening of ‘One Water’

Amnesty International presents a screening of “One Water” on April 19 at 6:30 p.m. in Shoma Hall. There will be a lecture and question and answer session with director Sanjeev Chatterjee afterward. Refreshments will be served. One Water is a documentary exploring the issue of clean water and its impact on human populations.

UGalapagos program

The UGalapagos program offers students the opportunity to earn a minor in either Latin American Studies or Ecosystem Science and Policy by living and studying on Isla Isabella in the Galapagos. All majors will earn 15 credits and all courses will be taught by University of Miami professors. The deadline to apply is April 25. For more information, contact Sallie Hughes at shughes@miami.edu or Terri Hood at t.hood@miami.edu.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...