News briefs 4/7

STANDforISRAEL Screening

The final event for the STANDforISRAEL series will take place Thursday at 8 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema with a screening of “The Last Survivor.” This feature-length documentary presents the stories of genocide survivors from Sudan, Congo, Rwanda and the Holocaust and their struggles to make sense of tragedy by working to educate, motivate and advocate for a civil response mass atrocity crimes. Justin Kimenyawa, a Congolese genocide survivor, and Michael Pertnoy, director and producer of the film, will speak at the event.

Tunnel of Oppression

This year’s campus-wide program, Tunnel of Oppression, will take place in the UC ballrooms from Monday through Wednesday from 4-9 p.m.

The Tunnel of Oppression is a sensory experience that guides students through various oppressive acts that occur in society, specifically regarding political oppression and issues of religious, race, class, LGBT, disability, education, domestic violence and body image. Tours will take place every 20 minutes.

All the world’s a stage at I-Week

The Council of International Students and Organizations’ (COISO) International Week will culminate with “The Queen’s Royal Court Banquet” on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Hurricane 100 Room. There will be two final events before the banquet, on Thursday and Friday night at 6:30 p.m. on the UC Patio. There will be activities, performances and food, as well as prizes for attendance and a fundraiser for victims of the tsunami in Japan.

Alexandra Leon may be contacted at aleon@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...