News briefs 4/7

STANDforISRAEL Screening

The final event for the STANDforISRAEL series will take place Thursday at 8 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema with a screening of “The Last Survivor.” This feature-length documentary presents the stories of genocide survivors from Sudan, Congo, Rwanda and the Holocaust and their struggles to make sense of tragedy by working to educate, motivate and advocate for a civil response mass atrocity crimes. Justin Kimenyawa, a Congolese genocide survivor, and Michael Pertnoy, director and producer of the film, will speak at the event.

Tunnel of Oppression

This year’s campus-wide program, Tunnel of Oppression, will take place in the UC ballrooms from Monday through Wednesday from 4-9 p.m.

The Tunnel of Oppression is a sensory experience that guides students through various oppressive acts that occur in society, specifically regarding political oppression and issues of religious, race, class, LGBT, disability, education, domestic violence and body image. Tours will take place every 20 minutes.

All the world’s a stage at I-Week

The Council of International Students and Organizations’ (COISO) International Week will culminate with “The Queen’s Royal Court Banquet” on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Hurricane 100 Room. There will be two final events before the banquet, on Thursday and Friday night at 6:30 p.m. on the UC Patio. There will be activities, performances and food, as well as prizes for attendance and a fundraiser for victims of the tsunami in Japan.

Alexandra Leon may be contacted at aleon@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...