Dear V

Dear V: Do I take the plunge and ask him out?

I am running out of time. I need to tell my sorority who my formal date is asap. But here’s my dilemma- I want to ask this guy to go with me who I only know from class and a whopping total of two study dates. Should I ask him? And if I do, and he says yes, do you think it’ll be really awkward? Help please.

Sincerely,

Needs a shot of confidence

Dear Needs a Shot,

Take it from someone who knows a thing or two about sorority/fraternity date functions and the like: Dates can be the most random people ever. It always makes for a good laugh to see what people are going to show up with and it makes for even better the morning-after stories.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, if you want that hottie, then go and get him. You might as well. Asking someone to a sorority/fraternity function, at least what I can tell about them, seems to be much less of a big deal than it was to ask someone to prom. You are not asking homie to marry you; you are not even asking him to date you necessarily. He will probably be more than happy to spend the evening with a lovely young lady like you. Heck, he will see it as a chance to bump’n’grind with a hot girl, an opportunity I’m sure he will not pass up.

If anything, tell him that there’s free food, which is always a plus in a dude’s eyes.

Next time you are in class, casually bring up the weekend of your formal and see what he has on his plate. If he’s free then just do it! If the idea of doing it in class and in person is a little daunting then there’s nothing wrong with a little text action. Take it from a person who has asked someone out via text before.

It always works. It just does. It’s the law of nature.

They get all happy that you were thinking about them and make their and your day and blah, blah, blah. Now go on and do it already and let me know how it goes! Get sexed up for the night of your formal and have the best time. I’m sure it will give you guys something to talk about in class that Monday (wink, wink).

Have fun; be safe, but not too safe.

With love,

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

A sobering reminder came watching the Golden State Warriors slice through the NBA to a championship ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...

The Miami women's swimming & diving program was among those recognized by the College Swimm ...

Five members of the University of Miami track and field program will compete against their country ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Dejan Vasiljevic is set to compete for Australia ...