Sports briefs 4/7

Women’s Basketball

The Canes will be celebrating their historic season with a banquet in the Hurricane 100 Room at the BankUnited Center on April 12 at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $50 for adults. To RSVP, call the Hurricane Club at (305) 284-6699.

Baseball

Miami infielder Rony Rodriguez has been selected as Co-ACC Player of the Week, sharing the honor with Clemson infielder Richie Shaffer. For the week of March 28-April 3, Rodriguez hit .750 and hit his team-leading fourth home run, carrying Miami to a perfect 3-0 week. On the season, he leads the team in batting average as well, hitting .305.

Soccer

The Hurricanes played their second spring scrimmage on Sunday, beating USF 1-0. Sophomore Jordan Roseboro scored the lone goal, and she finished last season as one of the team leaders in points and goals. The team played to a 1-1 tie against UF in its first spring scrimmage.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...