Sports briefs 4/7

Women’s Basketball

The Canes will be celebrating their historic season with a banquet in the Hurricane 100 Room at the BankUnited Center on April 12 at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $50 for adults. To RSVP, call the Hurricane Club at (305) 284-6699.

Baseball

Miami infielder Rony Rodriguez has been selected as Co-ACC Player of the Week, sharing the honor with Clemson infielder Richie Shaffer. For the week of March 28-April 3, Rodriguez hit .750 and hit his team-leading fourth home run, carrying Miami to a perfect 3-0 week. On the season, he leads the team in batting average as well, hitting .305.

Soccer

The Hurricanes played their second spring scrimmage on Sunday, beating USF 1-0. Sophomore Jordan Roseboro scored the lone goal, and she finished last season as one of the team leaders in points and goals. The team played to a 1-1 tie against UF in its first spring scrimmage.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...