Sports briefs 4/7

Women’s Basketball

The Canes will be celebrating their historic season with a banquet in the Hurricane 100 Room at the BankUnited Center on April 12 at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $50 for adults. To RSVP, call the Hurricane Club at (305) 284-6699.

Baseball

Miami infielder Rony Rodriguez has been selected as Co-ACC Player of the Week, sharing the honor with Clemson infielder Richie Shaffer. For the week of March 28-April 3, Rodriguez hit .750 and hit his team-leading fourth home run, carrying Miami to a perfect 3-0 week. On the season, he leads the team in batting average as well, hitting .305.

Soccer

The Hurricanes played their second spring scrimmage on Sunday, beating USF 1-0. Sophomore Jordan Roseboro scored the lone goal, and she finished last season as one of the team leaders in points and goals. The team played to a 1-1 tie against UF in its first spring scrimmage.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...