Sports briefs 4/7

Women’s Basketball

The Canes will be celebrating their historic season with a banquet in the Hurricane 100 Room at the BankUnited Center on April 12 at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $50 for adults. To RSVP, call the Hurricane Club at (305) 284-6699.

Baseball

Miami infielder Rony Rodriguez has been selected as Co-ACC Player of the Week, sharing the honor with Clemson infielder Richie Shaffer. For the week of March 28-April 3, Rodriguez hit .750 and hit his team-leading fourth home run, carrying Miami to a perfect 3-0 week. On the season, he leads the team in batting average as well, hitting .305.

Soccer

The Hurricanes played their second spring scrimmage on Sunday, beating USF 1-0. Sophomore Jordan Roseboro scored the lone goal, and she finished last season as one of the team leaders in points and goals. The team played to a 1-1 tie against UF in its first spring scrimmage.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...