Basketball, Sports

Frank Haith to take head coaching job at Missouri

University of Miami basketball coach Frank Haith has agreed to terms to take up the coaching position offered by the University of Missouri, according to sources.

News of the decision began circulating late Sunday night, but as of now there has been no official confirmation of the news. However, Missouri has scheduled a meeting to take place on Monday night, possibly to discuss the terms of a new contract.

Haith still has two years left on his current contract with Miami. An official announcement is expected to take place within the next 48 hours.

Miami still has not named an official replacement to take over the Athletic Director position that was left vacant with former AD Kirby Hocutt took the same position at Texas A&M. Tony Hernandez has been named interim AD at the moment, but until a new one is officially named, a new basketball coach will not be hired.

Stay updated on the current situation by checking back at  themiamihurricane.com, or by following the official twitter page for Miami Hurricane sports @TMH_Sports.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...