Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 4/4

Track & Field

The Hurricanes competed in the 67th Pepsi Florida Relays this weekend. Senior Ti’erra Brown won the women’s 400-meter hurdle title with a time of 56.91.

Overall, seven UM students and relay teams placed in the top 10 of their events over the course of the two-day competition. The team’s next competition will be held on April 16 at Cobb Stadium for the Hurricane Alumni Invitational.

Men’s tennis

The Canes defeated Wake Forest 5-2 on Friday, achieving their second win in a row and their fifth in the last six matches. Miami won all three doubles matches and held Wake Forest to two singles wins.

Men’s basketball

Fans are invited to attend the 2011 University of Miami men’s basketball team banquet on Thursday at the Newman Alumni Center. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program beginning at 7 p.m.

Tickets are on sale for $55 for adults. To purchase tickets, call the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 by Monday.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...