Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 4/4

Track & Field

The Hurricanes competed in the 67th Pepsi Florida Relays this weekend. Senior Ti’erra Brown won the women’s 400-meter hurdle title with a time of 56.91.

Overall, seven UM students and relay teams placed in the top 10 of their events over the course of the two-day competition. The team’s next competition will be held on April 16 at Cobb Stadium for the Hurricane Alumni Invitational.

Men’s tennis

The Canes defeated Wake Forest 5-2 on Friday, achieving their second win in a row and their fifth in the last six matches. Miami won all three doubles matches and held Wake Forest to two singles wins.

Men’s basketball

Fans are invited to attend the 2011 University of Miami men’s basketball team banquet on Thursday at the Newman Alumni Center. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program beginning at 7 p.m.

Tickets are on sale for $55 for adults. To purchase tickets, call the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 by Monday.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...