Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 4/4

Track & Field

The Hurricanes competed in the 67th Pepsi Florida Relays this weekend. Senior Ti’erra Brown won the women’s 400-meter hurdle title with a time of 56.91.

Overall, seven UM students and relay teams placed in the top 10 of their events over the course of the two-day competition. The team’s next competition will be held on April 16 at Cobb Stadium for the Hurricane Alumni Invitational.

Men’s tennis

The Canes defeated Wake Forest 5-2 on Friday, achieving their second win in a row and their fifth in the last six matches. Miami won all three doubles matches and held Wake Forest to two singles wins.

Men’s basketball

Fans are invited to attend the 2011 University of Miami men’s basketball team banquet on Thursday at the Newman Alumni Center. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program beginning at 7 p.m.

Tickets are on sale for $55 for adults. To purchase tickets, call the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 by Monday.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Darci Miller Opinion Editor

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

View photos of the first day of Miami Hurricanes spring football practice on Tues., March 22, 2017 … ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

The world renown flautist joins the Frost School of Music ...

A fluid multi-platform exhibition examines the impacts of climate change through art, research, medi ...

At the Net with Jesse Flores ...

At the Net with... ...

Kristina Fisher of the Miami soccer team has been selected to participate in an upcoming U.S. U-23 W ...

Freshman Greg Veliz put together another strong midweek outing as the Hurricanes beat FAU 7-5. ...

Junior Piotr Lomacki represents the Canes in the ITA singles rankings, released Tuesday, at No. 73. ...