Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 4/4

Track & Field

The Hurricanes competed in the 67th Pepsi Florida Relays this weekend. Senior Ti’erra Brown won the women’s 400-meter hurdle title with a time of 56.91.

Overall, seven UM students and relay teams placed in the top 10 of their events over the course of the two-day competition. The team’s next competition will be held on April 16 at Cobb Stadium for the Hurricane Alumni Invitational.

Men’s tennis

The Canes defeated Wake Forest 5-2 on Friday, achieving their second win in a row and their fifth in the last six matches. Miami won all three doubles matches and held Wake Forest to two singles wins.

Men’s basketball

Fans are invited to attend the 2011 University of Miami men’s basketball team banquet on Thursday at the Newman Alumni Center. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program beginning at 7 p.m.

Tickets are on sale for $55 for adults. To purchase tickets, call the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 by Monday.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Have a look at approximately 60 of the best pictures from the Miami women's tennis team match v ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...

Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Stacy Coley was selected with the 219th overall pick by the Minnesota ...