Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/31

Women’s Basketball

Shenise Johnson has been named Third Team All-American by the Associated Press. She is the second Hurricane ever to earn AP All-American honors. This season, she was the only player in the ACC to rank in the top 10 in scoring, rebounding, and assists, and was named ACC Player of the Week four times.

Women’s Tennis

The Hurricanes moved up to No. 5 in the latest Campbell/ITA National Team Rankings released on Tuesday. Miami is 5-1 in ACC play and 13-4 overall on the season. The Canes have won six matches against top-25 opponents, including No. 17 Virginia this past weekend. The team returns to the court on Friday, hosting Wake Forest, and Sunday, hosting NC State.

Football

The football team will be hosting the first annual Marrow Donor Drive at the University Center Ballroom on April 6 between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. The test is a simple cheek swab. Complete testing and registration should take no longer than 20 minutes. For additonal information or if you are interested in becoming a donor, contact Ryan McNamee at 305-284-6831.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...