Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/31

Women’s Basketball

Shenise Johnson has been named Third Team All-American by the Associated Press. She is the second Hurricane ever to earn AP All-American honors. This season, she was the only player in the ACC to rank in the top 10 in scoring, rebounding, and assists, and was named ACC Player of the Week four times.

Women’s Tennis

The Hurricanes moved up to No. 5 in the latest Campbell/ITA National Team Rankings released on Tuesday. Miami is 5-1 in ACC play and 13-4 overall on the season. The Canes have won six matches against top-25 opponents, including No. 17 Virginia this past weekend. The team returns to the court on Friday, hosting Wake Forest, and Sunday, hosting NC State.

Football

The football team will be hosting the first annual Marrow Donor Drive at the University Center Ballroom on April 6 between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. The test is a simple cheek swab. Complete testing and registration should take no longer than 20 minutes. For additonal information or if you are interested in becoming a donor, contact Ryan McNamee at 305-284-6831.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor