Club beats means Britney’s back in action

Courtesy Stargasm

Forget Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry. Britney Spears is back and she’s bringing her A-game with the release of her new album, “Femme Fatale.”

Although the lyrics lack complexity, the electro-pop sounds combined with the provocative and at times gloomy lyrics result in yet another successful album for Spears.

The first two tracks off the album, “Till The World Ends” and “Hold It Against Me,” have already blown up on the charts, due to their club-feel.

Other tracks that shine are “I Wanna Go” and “Trip To Your Heart,” songs that will become guilty pleasures for many listeners. With lyrics like “I wanna show all the dirt/I got running through my mind” and “When we play pretend/body is on fire,” the edgy album certainly differs from her last, “Circus.”

While Spears’ new music has many positive qualities, it also has its disappointments.

Her lack of involvement with production on “Femme Fatale” contrasts with her work on previous albums. Moreover, there are two collaborations that seem to lack that Britney-esque quality that makes you want to tap your foot and dance. These tracks, “(Drop Dead) Beautiful” featuring Sabi and “Big Fat Bass” featuring will.i.am, do not properly demonstrate her talent. “Big Fat Bass” does little but annoy with repetitive lyrics and an unoriginal beat.

Although the album has the potential to dominate the charts, it is a shame Spears failed to display her talent throughout the entire album.

Nicky Diaz may be contacted at themiamihurricane.com.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...