Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/28

Women’s Tennis

The sixth-ranked Hurricanes beat Virginia on Saturday with a score of 4-3. The teams were tied going into the final match. Freshman Kayla Rizzolo came up big for Miami, recording a come from behind victory to clinch the match. On Sunday, the Hurricanes extended their winning streak in Virginia, coming away with the 6-1 win. The Hokies struck first, coming away with the doubles point, but were unable to hold on to that lead as Miami swept its way through singles play. The Canes return this week to take on Wake Forest on Friday and NC State on Sunday.

Track & Field

The Canes competed in the UCF Invitational on Friday and Saturday. Charles Michel earned his first win of the outdoor season in the 10,000-meter run. Katharine Woodard broke her own school record in the steeplechase, beating her previous best time by over 30 seconds. A number of other Hurricanes finished in the top five of their respective events. The team next competes on April 1-2 in the Florida Relays in Gainesville.

Football

Head football coach Al Golden has announced that the team’s scheduled Tuesday practice will be open to University of Miami students and employees. It will take place on the Greentree practice fields beginning at 2:15 pm, with gates opening up at 1:45. The practice is expected to last approximately three hours. Any student or employee attending only needs to bring their Cane Card to the facility. No video cameras will be allowed.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 3/28”

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...