Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/24

Soccer

In their first game since new head coach Tom Anagnost took over, the Hurricanes tied UF 1-1 on Monday. Kelley Griffin scored Miami’s goal in the first of three 30-minute periods, with Florida answering in the third. The Canes next take the field on April 3 against USF.

Men’s tennis

No. 25 Miami recorded a 4-3 win over Clemson on Sunday, bringing the team to 3-0 in ACC play. Miami is 5-1 this season in matches decided by one point. The Canes won all three doubles matches and rallied back for the win after Clemson won a string of singles matches. Their home stand finishes up this weekend, as the team takes on Virginia on Friday and Virginia Tech on Sunday.

Golf

The Hurricanes placed 14th at the John Kirk/Panther Intercollegiate on Tuesday, led by Maria Ronderos, who finished in sixth place overall. This tournament wraps up the regular season for the Canes, as they head to the ACC Championships April 15-17 in Greensboro, N.C.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...