Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/24

Soccer

In their first game since new head coach Tom Anagnost took over, the Hurricanes tied UF 1-1 on Monday. Kelley Griffin scored Miami’s goal in the first of three 30-minute periods, with Florida answering in the third. The Canes next take the field on April 3 against USF.

Men’s tennis

No. 25 Miami recorded a 4-3 win over Clemson on Sunday, bringing the team to 3-0 in ACC play. Miami is 5-1 this season in matches decided by one point. The Canes won all three doubles matches and rallied back for the win after Clemson won a string of singles matches. Their home stand finishes up this weekend, as the team takes on Virginia on Friday and Virginia Tech on Sunday.

Golf

The Hurricanes placed 14th at the John Kirk/Panther Intercollegiate on Tuesday, led by Maria Ronderos, who finished in sixth place overall. This tournament wraps up the regular season for the Canes, as they head to the ACC Championships April 15-17 in Greensboro, N.C.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports briefs 3/24”

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...