Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/24

Soccer

In their first game since new head coach Tom Anagnost took over, the Hurricanes tied UF 1-1 on Monday. Kelley Griffin scored Miami’s goal in the first of three 30-minute periods, with Florida answering in the third. The Canes next take the field on April 3 against USF.

Men’s tennis

No. 25 Miami recorded a 4-3 win over Clemson on Sunday, bringing the team to 3-0 in ACC play. Miami is 5-1 this season in matches decided by one point. The Canes won all three doubles matches and rallied back for the win after Clemson won a string of singles matches. Their home stand finishes up this weekend, as the team takes on Virginia on Friday and Virginia Tech on Sunday.

Golf

The Hurricanes placed 14th at the John Kirk/Panther Intercollegiate on Tuesday, led by Maria Ronderos, who finished in sixth place overall. This tournament wraps up the regular season for the Canes, as they head to the ACC Championships April 15-17 in Greensboro, N.C.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...