News Briefs 3/24

Connecting, transporting Miami

The UM School of Architecture, Miami’s Green Mobility Network and transitmiami.com present Connecting Miami, a two-day event to promote bicycling. A lecture will be held Friday in Glasgow Hall at 6:30 p.m. and will feature the executive director of transportation alternatives, Paul Steely White. It is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. A bike ride sponsored by the Green Mobility Network will be held Saturday and will begin at the University Metrorail Station at 10 a.m. The ride is called the “Tweed Ride” and cyclists are encouraged to wear “old-timey” apparel. Please RSVP for the bike ride on Green Mobility Network’s Facebook page or on greenmobilitynetwork.org.

Communication professor leaving

Loup Langton, the program director of visual journalism at the School of Communication, recently accepted the position of director of the School of Journalism and Broadcasting at Western Kentucky University and will be leaving in June to accept his new post. Langton recently won the first Latin American Pictures of the Year Competition.

Apply for Fulbright Scholarship

An info session about the Fulbright Program will be held on Friday at noon in UC 241. The session will discuss how to apply and how to organize a proposal. Graduate and undergraduate students with exceptional scholastic achievements and extracurricular activities are encouraged to attend. For more information, contact Kefryn Reese at prestigiousawards@miami.edu

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...