News Briefs 3/24

Connecting, transporting Miami

The UM School of Architecture, Miami’s Green Mobility Network and transitmiami.com present Connecting Miami, a two-day event to promote bicycling. A lecture will be held Friday in Glasgow Hall at 6:30 p.m. and will feature the executive director of transportation alternatives, Paul Steely White. It is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. A bike ride sponsored by the Green Mobility Network will be held Saturday and will begin at the University Metrorail Station at 10 a.m. The ride is called the “Tweed Ride” and cyclists are encouraged to wear “old-timey” apparel. Please RSVP for the bike ride on Green Mobility Network’s Facebook page or on greenmobilitynetwork.org.

Communication professor leaving

Loup Langton, the program director of visual journalism at the School of Communication, recently accepted the position of director of the School of Journalism and Broadcasting at Western Kentucky University and will be leaving in June to accept his new post. Langton recently won the first Latin American Pictures of the Year Competition.

Apply for Fulbright Scholarship

An info session about the Fulbright Program will be held on Friday at noon in UC 241. The session will discuss how to apply and how to organize a proposal. Graduate and undergraduate students with exceptional scholastic achievements and extracurricular activities are encouraged to attend. For more information, contact Kefryn Reese at prestigiousawards@miami.edu

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...