News Briefs 3/24

Connecting, transporting Miami

The UM School of Architecture, Miami’s Green Mobility Network and transitmiami.com present Connecting Miami, a two-day event to promote bicycling. A lecture will be held Friday in Glasgow Hall at 6:30 p.m. and will feature the executive director of transportation alternatives, Paul Steely White. It is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. A bike ride sponsored by the Green Mobility Network will be held Saturday and will begin at the University Metrorail Station at 10 a.m. The ride is called the “Tweed Ride” and cyclists are encouraged to wear “old-timey” apparel. Please RSVP for the bike ride on Green Mobility Network’s Facebook page or on greenmobilitynetwork.org.

Communication professor leaving

Loup Langton, the program director of visual journalism at the School of Communication, recently accepted the position of director of the School of Journalism and Broadcasting at Western Kentucky University and will be leaving in June to accept his new post. Langton recently won the first Latin American Pictures of the Year Competition.

Apply for Fulbright Scholarship

An info session about the Fulbright Program will be held on Friday at noon in UC 241. The session will discuss how to apply and how to organize a proposal. Graduate and undergraduate students with exceptional scholastic achievements and extracurricular activities are encouraged to attend. For more information, contact Kefryn Reese at prestigiousawards@miami.edu

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...