Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/10

Football

Former Hurricanes Jimmy Johnson and Russell Maryland are among the 79 players and nine coaches on the  2011 Football Bowl Subdivision Ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame. Johnson coached the Canes for five seasons, with a 52-9 record and a national championship victory in 1987. Maryland was the first Hurricane to win the Outland Trophy as the best lineman in college. He was a consensus All-American in 1991, and in the same year was drafted No. 1 overall by the Dallas Cowboys. The Hall of Fame class will be announced on December 6th.

Track and Field

Tarika Williams and Devon Hill will represent Miami at the 2011 NCAA Indoor National Championships. Williams won the ACC Championship in the 200m dash, and Hill beat the field in 60m hurdles. The event is being held this coming Friday and Saturday at Texas A&M’s Gilliam Indoor Track Stadium in College Station, Texas.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...