Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/7

Men’s Tennis

On Saturday, the Hurricanes won their third straight match, beating UCF 5-1. Eduardo Pavia won his singles point in three straight sets, improving to a team best 13-7. UM is 4-0 against in-state opponents, and 2-0 away from home.

Women’s Tennis

The 12th-ranked Canes beat No. 21 Georgia Tech on Saturday, 4-3. Miami is 9-2, and 2-0 in the ACC with their win over the Yellow Jackets. The Canes won a highly contested doubles point, before clinching the win with three wins in singles. They next compete at home on Wednesday, hosting No. 5 North Carolina.

Football

The Football Spring Game will take place on Saturday, April 16th at noon at Lockhart Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale. The event will feature fan festivities before and after the game. There will be scrimmages played on April 2nd in Palm Beach County, and April 9th at Traz Powell Stadium, both at 10 am. All spring games are free to the public.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...