Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/7

Men’s Tennis

On Saturday, the Hurricanes won their third straight match, beating UCF 5-1. Eduardo Pavia won his singles point in three straight sets, improving to a team best 13-7. UM is 4-0 against in-state opponents, and 2-0 away from home.

Women’s Tennis

The 12th-ranked Canes beat No. 21 Georgia Tech on Saturday, 4-3. Miami is 9-2, and 2-0 in the ACC with their win over the Yellow Jackets. The Canes won a highly contested doubles point, before clinching the win with three wins in singles. They next compete at home on Wednesday, hosting No. 5 North Carolina.

Football

The Football Spring Game will take place on Saturday, April 16th at noon at Lockhart Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale. The event will feature fan festivities before and after the game. There will be scrimmages played on April 2nd in Palm Beach County, and April 9th at Traz Powell Stadium, both at 10 am. All spring games are free to the public.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...