Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/7

Men’s Tennis

On Saturday, the Hurricanes won their third straight match, beating UCF 5-1. Eduardo Pavia won his singles point in three straight sets, improving to a team best 13-7. UM is 4-0 against in-state opponents, and 2-0 away from home.

Women’s Tennis

The 12th-ranked Canes beat No. 21 Georgia Tech on Saturday, 4-3. Miami is 9-2, and 2-0 in the ACC with their win over the Yellow Jackets. The Canes won a highly contested doubles point, before clinching the win with three wins in singles. They next compete at home on Wednesday, hosting No. 5 North Carolina.

Football

The Football Spring Game will take place on Saturday, April 16th at noon at Lockhart Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale. The event will feature fan festivities before and after the game. There will be scrimmages played on April 2nd in Palm Beach County, and April 9th at Traz Powell Stadium, both at 10 am. All spring games are free to the public.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...