Click for the dish

Food porn may be the only form of paraphernalia you don’t have to hide from your parents. Check out these five drool-inducing food blogs that will make you want to don a chef’s hat and dive into the kitchen:

1. Smitten Kitchen (smittenkitchen.com)–Debra Perelman, lovingly known by her followers as “Deb,” is a mom living and cooking in New York City. Her posts are both funny and genuine, and the pictures she includes will leave you fighting the urge to gobble up the screen in front of you. Get ready for some serious comfort foods made with straight-forward, no-nonsense ingredients (sorry, truffle oil aficionados, this is not the place for you) and tutorials that cover everything from how to poach an egg to how to zest a lemon. Best of all, the blog is geared toward those of us cooking in a tiny kitchen- perfect for a hungry college student.

2. The Pioneer Woman (thepioneerwoman.com) –Ree Drummond is a self- described “Desperate Housewife,” but in her case the desperation paid off. With a cookbook, TV appearances and national recognition under her belt, the blog that started it all is a prime example of the Internet’s far-reaching power.

While the site offers much more than delectable food photos and recipes, it’s Ree’s midwestern charm that sets her posts apart from the rest. She photographs every minute detail of the cooking process, from the eggs and milk that go into her “Marlboro Man approved” chicken fried steak to Oreo crumbles in her decadent “Grasshopper Pie,” making it hard for even the clumsiest of cooks to screw up one of her dishes.

3. This Is Why You’re Fat (thisiswhyyourefat.com) – While this site has not been updated since December 2010, This Is Why You’re Fat is still the online hallmark of Americans’ unending obsession with fattening food. Mostly a photo blog with simple subtitles describing what’s in the images, the fare is still memorable enough to keep you going back for more. While you may not actually want to eat a BBQ pulled pork sandwich with the bread substituted by two glazed donuts, the resulting picture is a party for your eyes.

4. Joy the Baker (joythebaker.com) – Joy likes short sentences and sweet things and savory things. But she mostly likes sweet things, like homemade Twinkies or sweet vegan things, like vegan pumpkin walnut bread. Although she keeps the word count to a minimum, her posts are always funny, insightful and visually delicious. From toasted marshmallow milkshakes to pretzel and peanut butter brownies, Joy’s got your sweet tooth covered.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...