Football, Sports

Interim athletic director named

The University of Miami has announced that former deputy athletic director Tony Hernandez has been named interim athletic director after the departure of Kirby Hocutt  last week.

Hernandez has been with Miami since 1998 and is also a graduate of the university. UM President Donna Shalala personally asked Hernandez to step in as interim while the search for a new athletic director continued.

A true successor to Hocutt is expected to be announced before the beginning of the fall 2011 semester. Check back with themiamihurricane.com for any additional updates.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...