Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/3

Golf

As a team, the Hurricanes finished eighth at the Sir Pizza Cards Challenge on Tuesday. Maria Ronderos finished in a tie for 10th place with a total of seven birdies for the week. The team will next compete on March 11th in the Eagle Landing Invitational in Jacksonville.

Men’s Tennis

Carl Sundberg has been named Player of the Week by the ACC. This comes after Sundberg won his match for Miami (ranked No. 39) against FSU (No. 28). It is the first Player of the Week honor for a Hurricanes men’s tennis player since April of 2009.

Football

UM was represented by nine players at the NFL Combine this weekend. DeMarcus Van Dyke ran the 40-yard dash in a blistering 4.28 seconds, the fastest time of any player. Brandon Harris ran the dash in an impressive 4.43 seconds. Colin McCarthy had a huge weekend, finishing in the top 10 in every category. Graig Cooper led all running backs at the Combine in the three-cone drill with a time of 6.66 seconds, and ranked second in the 20-yard shuttle. For more information on how the Hurricanes performed, visit hurricanesports.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...