Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/3

Golf

As a team, the Hurricanes finished eighth at the Sir Pizza Cards Challenge on Tuesday. Maria Ronderos finished in a tie for 10th place with a total of seven birdies for the week. The team will next compete on March 11th in the Eagle Landing Invitational in Jacksonville.

Men’s Tennis

Carl Sundberg has been named Player of the Week by the ACC. This comes after Sundberg won his match for Miami (ranked No. 39) against FSU (No. 28). It is the first Player of the Week honor for a Hurricanes men’s tennis player since April of 2009.

Football

UM was represented by nine players at the NFL Combine this weekend. DeMarcus Van Dyke ran the 40-yard dash in a blistering 4.28 seconds, the fastest time of any player. Brandon Harris ran the dash in an impressive 4.43 seconds. Colin McCarthy had a huge weekend, finishing in the top 10 in every category. Graig Cooper led all running backs at the Combine in the three-cone drill with a time of 6.66 seconds, and ranked second in the 20-yard shuttle. For more information on how the Hurricanes performed, visit hurricanesports.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...