News Briefs 3/3

UM offers summer tour of Europe
This summer, UM will offer an on-site study of European cities and towns between May 14 and June 18. The program is open to all UM undergraduates and graduate students. Students and faculty will travel and explore historical buildings and landmarks in cities such as Paris, Venice, Florence, Rome, Madrid, Athens and the Greek Islands. Academic activities will be based on lectures, seminars and visits to buildings and places. No prerequisite course is required.
For more information, visit the program’s informational booth Thursday in the UC Breezeway from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Dancing with the UMiami stars
Notable UM figures have been paired with choreographers from Mad Hot Miami Ballroom’s Competition and Performance Team for a dance competition that will take place at 8 p.m. on Thursday at the UC Patio stage. The UM all-star lineup will include Dean of Students Ricardo Hall, Student Government President Christina Farmer, Sunsations Captain Rochelle Bradley and school mascot Sebastian the Ibis. Medals will be awarded by three local professional judges for categories such as waltz, foxtrot, tango and viewer’s choice. The event, which is hosted by Miami Ballroom, is open to the public.

For more information, visit miamiballroom.webs.com or facebook.com/miamiballroom.

Graduation deadline on myUM on Friday
The last day to apply for graduation is Friday. Students who will not participate in the spring ceremony or who will not complete degree requirements until the summer semester must still apply by this date.  Applications are available on myUM under the student/academic tab in the graduation information section.
Alexandra Leon may be contacted at aleon@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...