Basketball, Sports

Women’s Basketball in top 10, ACC tournament schedule announced

Just a day after their win against Georgia Tech in Atlanta, the Miami Hurricanes women’s basketball team finds themselves in the top 10.

Following a six game winning streak that also included wins against then No.11 Maryland, No. 10 North Carolina, and No.12 Florida State, the Canes find themselves ranked No.10 in the country heading into the ACC tournament. The latest ESPN bracketology reports currently has the Canes as high as a No.2 seed for the NCAA tournament.

Miami ended the regular season with 12 wins in the ACC, tied for first place with the Duke Blue Devils. Because Duke owns the tiebreaker over Miami, however, the Hurricanes will enter the ACC tournament this Thursday as a No.2 seed.

The ACC tournament kicks off on Thursday afternoon beginning at 11 AM. Because the Canes finished in the top 4 in the ACC, they earned a bye in the first round, meaning they won’t play until Friday at 6 pm.  There they would face the winner of the Boston College-NC State matchup that takes place on Thursday at 6 pm.

The tournament will go all the way up until Sunday, where the championship game will begin at 1 pm. Tune in on 90.5 FM or wvum.org as the Hurricanes look to secure their first ACC Conference Championship in program history.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...