Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 2/28

Track and field

This past weekend, the Hurricanes competed in the ACC Indoor Track and Field Championships at Virginia Tech. Devon Hill won the conference title in 60m hurdles, and Tarika Williams won the 200m dash. As a team, the women finished in fifth place, while the men finished in tenth.

Men’s tennis

On Saturday, the Canes beat FSU in their conference opener. It was an extremely close win, with Miami coming from behind to claim a 4-3 victory. The Hurricanes are 46-13 all-time against FSU, and 5-3 overall on the season. They next travel to Orlando on Friday to compete against UCF.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...