New Briefs 2/28

Brain Fair looking for volunteers
The University of Miami and the Miami Science Museum are looking for volunteers for their 2011 Brain Fair, which will be held on March 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Miami Science Museum.   For more information and to volunteer, visit themiamiproject.org/brainfair and e-mail the completed volunteering form to brainfair@med.miami.edu.

Connecting and transporting Miami
The UM School of Architecture, Miami’s Green Mobility Network and transitmiami.com will present Connecting Miami, a two-day event to promote bicycling. A lecture will be held March 25 in the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center Glasgow Hall at 6:30 p.m. and will feature the Executive Director of Transportation Alternatives Paul Steely White. It is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. A bike ride, sponsored by the Green Mobility Network, will be held March 26 and will begin at the University Metrorail Station at 10 a.m. The ride is called the “Tweed Ride” and cyclists are encouraged to wear “old-timey” apparel. Please RSVP for the bike ride on Green Mobility Network’s Facebook page or on greenmobilitynetwork.org.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...