New Briefs 2/28

Brain Fair looking for volunteers
The University of Miami and the Miami Science Museum are looking for volunteers for their 2011 Brain Fair, which will be held on March 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Miami Science Museum.   For more information and to volunteer, visit themiamiproject.org/brainfair and e-mail the completed volunteering form to brainfair@med.miami.edu.

Connecting and transporting Miami
The UM School of Architecture, Miami’s Green Mobility Network and transitmiami.com will present Connecting Miami, a two-day event to promote bicycling. A lecture will be held March 25 in the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center Glasgow Hall at 6:30 p.m. and will feature the Executive Director of Transportation Alternatives Paul Steely White. It is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. A bike ride, sponsored by the Green Mobility Network, will be held March 26 and will begin at the University Metrorail Station at 10 a.m. The ride is called the “Tweed Ride” and cyclists are encouraged to wear “old-timey” apparel. Please RSVP for the bike ride on Green Mobility Network’s Facebook page or on greenmobilitynetwork.org.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will conclude its regular season Sunday with a home d ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...