Dear V

Dear V: Am I the next Monica Lewinsky?

I’m madly in love with the newly elected Student Government President, but he has no idea… What should I do?

Sincerely,

SG Groupie

Dear SG Groupie,

Slow down, Monica Lewinsky, slow down. I obviously do not know all the details of the situation, but it sounds like you have the “You’re in power, now I want you” syndrome. I mean, it happens. Do not be ashamed. We are genetically programmed to want people we know take care of us. And the prestige that goes along with it doesn’t hurt either. Miss Lewinsky herself pretty much caused the permanent tainting of Bill Clinton’s name.

Not just any bitch gets a scandal named for her, after all.

Shortly after her romp with Billy became public knowledge, he got impeached!

Don’t be a groupie. I know rappers love them and all, but no offense to Mr. Mitchell (Brandon, you’re my homie)- he’s not exactly Lil’ Wayne. Don’t be one of those groupie hos that rappers make their money blowing about. Well, unless all of a sudden our lovely president starts spitting out rhymes… If you have suddenly found yourself longing for him, it’s not legit.

On the other hand, if you have liked him for a time prior to his successes, it is a completely different story, and let me be the first to apologize for making any types of assumptions. I advise you to not let his new powerful position deter you from attempting to pursue something you have been wanting. Some of the best advice I can give you is to show interest in things he is interested in.

How about his platforms and what he wants to do for our university? That would be a great starting point. Show that you care about things he is passionate about; trust me, it will mean a lot to him. The most important thing though is to be true to you. It’s not worth your time to be someone you’re not. I think it is easy to see that he is a nice guy, so you probably don’t have anything to worry about. Continue being his friend and let things happen. If it’s meant to be it will develop into something more than just friendship.

In the meantime don’t try to rush anything. I’m sure Brandon has a lot on his plate right now, exciting and nerve-wracking all at once. Let him get his new position down before you start bombarding him with your sex appeal. Bro can only handle so much at a time.

With love,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Advice Columnist

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Dear V: Am I the next Monica Lewinsky?”

1. Will says:

Brandon Mitchell….the president of HITTIN DAT ASS

les go son

2. moonman12 says:

Yeah the most important thing you should do is to be “true to you”! hahahaha.
    Nothing like some good post election SG humor. I like it.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...