Water Choices Forum

Not usually considered the world’s most valuable resource, this weekend’s Water Choices Forum will discuss the importance of water.

The University of Miami will host the second annual Florida Earth Foundation’s second Water Choices Forum on Monday, February 28 at 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Bank United Center Fieldhouse.

“Leaders and experts from all fields that deal with water want a place to draw on the best possible data, express their concerns and seek consensus. Our board has made these forums our 2011 priority,” said Ernest A. Cox, Florida Earth Foundation Board Chair.

Florida Earth Foundation’s mission is to bring awareness to the global water challenge. Discussions include consumption, quality and sources of water.

“Our job as future leaders is to engage in these kinds of discussions,” said Tyson Greaves, a graduate student at University of Miami.

The Water Choice Forum will have well known experts as main panelists who are Dr. Cameron Brooks, the director of Smarter Water Management at IBM, and Jeff Fulgham, GE water sustainability chief. The conference will have a diverse audience that will include water system managers, public officials, international experts, attorneys, engineers and students.

The Knight Center will show a part of its award-winning documentary on the world water crisis, One Water, at the conference.

“This conference is an opportunity to bring diverse perspectives to bear on the policy issues regarding appropriate criteria for allowable nutrient levels and allotment of water credits,” said Kenneth Broad, Abess Center director.

Omar Dakheel may be contacted at odakheel@themiamihurricane.com.

INFO

The event will be streamed live online at: http://knight.miami.edu.

Register online at Floridaearthfoundation.org.

$100 for students and $195 for others

Includes networking session and a breakfast and lunch

First 150 students to sign up get in free.

Omar Dakheel

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

Keep your computers and TVs going during the second night of the NFL Draft on April 27, as at least ...

University of Miami cornerback Michael Jackson loves that turnover chain, but not nearly as much as ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The 13th annual UM Family Night with the Miami Marlins lives up to its name. ...

It’s been a year and half since his wife of almost 52 years, Nancy T. Clasby, a pioneering English p ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will begin the final weekend of its regular season wi ...

Eight members of the University of Miami track and field team earned All-ACC Academic honors for the ...

The UMSHoF will hold their 50th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Thursday, April 19th at Jungle Is ...

Nine members of the University of Miami track and field team will represent the Hurricanes at the Vi ...

A pair of University of Miami divers were selected to the All-ACC Academic Women's Swimming ...