New Briefs 2/24

Memorial ride for slain student

A memorial ride for University of Miami School of Law student Natasha Pettigrew will be held at 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. Pettigrew died last September after being hit by a motorist while biking. Those interested in participating in the memorial ride should meet in the School of Law courtyard. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact Brian Sperber at bsperb@gmail.com or 908-358-6974.

Homegrown film screening

The Africana Studies Program and the African Film Festival will be screening “HomeGrown: Hip Life in Ghana” on Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Wesley Art Gallery. Director Eli Jacobs-Fantauzzi will be available for a question and answer session afterwards. For more information contact Kahlil Jacobs-Fantauzzi at kahliljf@yahoo.com.

Chartwell’s nutrional info

Nutritional information for the dining halls is now available online. To view the facts visit miami.edu/index.php/auxiliary_services/dining_services/menus_and_nutritional_information/.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team fought valiantly at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center, but ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...