New Briefs 2/24

Memorial ride for slain student

A memorial ride for University of Miami School of Law student Natasha Pettigrew will be held at 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. Pettigrew died last September after being hit by a motorist while biking. Those interested in participating in the memorial ride should meet in the School of Law courtyard. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact Brian Sperber at bsperb@gmail.com or 908-358-6974.

Homegrown film screening

The Africana Studies Program and the African Film Festival will be screening “HomeGrown: Hip Life in Ghana” on Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Wesley Art Gallery. Director Eli Jacobs-Fantauzzi will be available for a question and answer session afterwards. For more information contact Kahlil Jacobs-Fantauzzi at kahliljf@yahoo.com.

Chartwell’s nutrional info

Nutritional information for the dining halls is now available online. To view the facts visit miami.edu/index.php/auxiliary_services/dining_services/menus_and_nutritional_information/.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “New Briefs 2/24”

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...