New Briefs 2/24

Memorial ride for slain student

A memorial ride for University of Miami School of Law student Natasha Pettigrew will be held at 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. Pettigrew died last September after being hit by a motorist while biking. Those interested in participating in the memorial ride should meet in the School of Law courtyard. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact Brian Sperber at bsperb@gmail.com or 908-358-6974.

Homegrown film screening

The Africana Studies Program and the African Film Festival will be screening “HomeGrown: Hip Life in Ghana” on Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Wesley Art Gallery. Director Eli Jacobs-Fantauzzi will be available for a question and answer session afterwards. For more information contact Kahlil Jacobs-Fantauzzi at kahliljf@yahoo.com.

Chartwell’s nutrional info

Nutritional information for the dining halls is now available online. To view the facts visit miami.edu/index.php/auxiliary_services/dining_services/menus_and_nutritional_information/.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA National Player to Watch hon ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano will face Arkansas' Osca ...

The bracket for the NCAA Singles Championship is set and Miami sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba will ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...