News Briefs 2/21

SoC Dedicates New Center

The University of Miami School of Communication will dedicate the Norton Herrick Center for Motion Picture Studies on Feb.3 at 5:45 p.m. in Studio C. The new studio will provide assistance for motion picture research and facilitate the teaching and study of motion pictures.  The center is named in honor of Norton Herrick, a businessman who is the chairman of Herrick Entertainment.

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week is from Feb.20 to Feb. 26. Events include a free movie, a free class on mindfulness, a free yoga class and opportunities to win a free massage from the Herbert Wellness Center.

Humanities through Classics Symposium

The University of Miami College of Arts and Sciences Center for the Humanities and the Department of Classics will be hosting “Humanities through Classics: What Will the Future Hold?” on Feb. 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the the College of Arts & Sciences Gallery/Wesley House. The event is open to the public and free of charge.

Omega Psi Phi Forum

The Omicron Delta chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. will be hosting  “State Of The Black Male” on Feb. 23 at 8 p.m. in Shoma Hall. The topic of discussion will be the stereotypes and misconceptions about black males and their achievements in athletics, college and the work place.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

One by one, they stepped up to the scale. First-round picks and long-shot prospects alike. Here, the ...

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

Miami Northwestern senior Nigel Bethel, a 5-11, 160-pounder who chose the Hurricanes over Central Fl ...

The University of Louisville coaching staff must have been puzzled watching tape of the Miami Hurric ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Miami men's basketball team returns home at 8 p.m. Wednesday to battle Louisville at the so ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team has earned the first ACC Player of the ...

The Miami women's basketball team will take on fourth-ranked Louisville Thursday at 11 a.m., on ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...