News Briefs 2/21

SoC Dedicates New Center

The University of Miami School of Communication will dedicate the Norton Herrick Center for Motion Picture Studies on Feb.3 at 5:45 p.m. in Studio C. The new studio will provide assistance for motion picture research and facilitate the teaching and study of motion pictures.  The center is named in honor of Norton Herrick, a businessman who is the chairman of Herrick Entertainment.

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week is from Feb.20 to Feb. 26. Events include a free movie, a free class on mindfulness, a free yoga class and opportunities to win a free massage from the Herbert Wellness Center.

Humanities through Classics Symposium

The University of Miami College of Arts and Sciences Center for the Humanities and the Department of Classics will be hosting “Humanities through Classics: What Will the Future Hold?” on Feb. 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the the College of Arts & Sciences Gallery/Wesley House. The event is open to the public and free of charge.

Omega Psi Phi Forum

The Omicron Delta chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. will be hosting  “State Of The Black Male” on Feb. 23 at 8 p.m. in Shoma Hall. The topic of discussion will be the stereotypes and misconceptions about black males and their achievements in athletics, college and the work place.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...