News Briefs 2/21

SoC Dedicates New Center

The University of Miami School of Communication will dedicate the Norton Herrick Center for Motion Picture Studies on Feb.3 at 5:45 p.m. in Studio C. The new studio will provide assistance for motion picture research and facilitate the teaching and study of motion pictures.  The center is named in honor of Norton Herrick, a businessman who is the chairman of Herrick Entertainment.

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week is from Feb.20 to Feb. 26. Events include a free movie, a free class on mindfulness, a free yoga class and opportunities to win a free massage from the Herbert Wellness Center.

Humanities through Classics Symposium

The University of Miami College of Arts and Sciences Center for the Humanities and the Department of Classics will be hosting “Humanities through Classics: What Will the Future Hold?” on Feb. 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the the College of Arts & Sciences Gallery/Wesley House. The event is open to the public and free of charge.

Omega Psi Phi Forum

The Omicron Delta chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. will be hosting  “State Of The Black Male” on Feb. 23 at 8 p.m. in Shoma Hall. The topic of discussion will be the stereotypes and misconceptions about black males and their achievements in athletics, college and the work place.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...