News briefs 2/17

Memorial ride for slain student

A memorial ride for University of Miami School of Law student Natasha Pettigrew will be held on Saturday Feb. 26 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pettigrew died last September after being hit by a motorist while out biking. Those interested in participating in the memorial ride should meet in the School of Law courtyard. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact Brian Sperber at bsperb@gmail.com or 908-358-6974.

Videographers, editors needed

The Knight Center for International Media, in conjunction with the Florida Earth Foundation, will be hosting the Water Choices II Forum on Feb.8. and are looking to hire four videographers and one editor for the event. Students will be paid $120 per day (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and $50 for a half-day. Equipment will be provided. For more information, contact Trevor Green at TrevorGreen@miami.edu with your name, major, year, position you would like to work for and phone number at which you can be reached in your e-mail.

WVUM Gets Woodie NOM

University of Miami radio station WVUM “the Voice,” has made it to the top 10 in consideration for an mtvU Woodie Award for the best college radio station in the United States. The awards will air March 16 at midnight on MTV, MTV2 and mtvU. To vote, visit http://radiowoodie.ratemyprofessors.com.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...