News briefs 2/17

Memorial ride for slain student

A memorial ride for University of Miami School of Law student Natasha Pettigrew will be held on Saturday Feb. 26 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pettigrew died last September after being hit by a motorist while out biking. Those interested in participating in the memorial ride should meet in the School of Law courtyard. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact Brian Sperber at bsperb@gmail.com or 908-358-6974.

Videographers, editors needed

The Knight Center for International Media, in conjunction with the Florida Earth Foundation, will be hosting the Water Choices II Forum on Feb.8. and are looking to hire four videographers and one editor for the event. Students will be paid $120 per day (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and $50 for a half-day. Equipment will be provided. For more information, contact Trevor Green at TrevorGreen@miami.edu with your name, major, year, position you would like to work for and phone number at which you can be reached in your e-mail.

WVUM Gets Woodie NOM

University of Miami radio station WVUM “the Voice,” has made it to the top 10 in consideration for an mtvU Woodie Award for the best college radio station in the United States. The awards will air March 16 at midnight on MTV, MTV2 and mtvU. To vote, visit http://radiowoodie.ratemyprofessors.com.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...