News briefs 2/17

Memorial ride for slain student

A memorial ride for University of Miami School of Law student Natasha Pettigrew will be held on Saturday Feb. 26 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pettigrew died last September after being hit by a motorist while out biking. Those interested in participating in the memorial ride should meet in the School of Law courtyard. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact Brian Sperber at bsperb@gmail.com or 908-358-6974.

Videographers, editors needed

The Knight Center for International Media, in conjunction with the Florida Earth Foundation, will be hosting the Water Choices II Forum on Feb.8. and are looking to hire four videographers and one editor for the event. Students will be paid $120 per day (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and $50 for a half-day. Equipment will be provided. For more information, contact Trevor Green at TrevorGreen@miami.edu with your name, major, year, position you would like to work for and phone number at which you can be reached in your e-mail.

WVUM Gets Woodie NOM

University of Miami radio station WVUM “the Voice,” has made it to the top 10 in consideration for an mtvU Woodie Award for the best college radio station in the United States. The awards will air March 16 at midnight on MTV, MTV2 and mtvU. To vote, visit http://radiowoodie.ratemyprofessors.com.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News briefs 2/17”

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...