Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 2/14

Track & Field

The Hurricanes competed in the University of Arkansas’ Tyson Invitational on Friday and Saturday. Greg Kaczka broke the school record in the indoor mile run in 4:14.66. Several Canes reached their season-best, improving as they lead up to the ACC championship.

Women’s Tennis

The No. 10 Hurricane women’s tennis team remains perfect on the season as they defeated the No. 15 Florida State Seminoles 6-1 on Sunday afternoon. The victory comes just two days after sweeping Florida International University, 7-0. The Canes will now prepare for the ITA National Indoor Championships in Virginia.

Men’s Tennis

On Friday, the Hurricanes swept Troy to improve to 3-2. Waylon Chin won his match 6-1, 6-1, nearly blanking his opponent. Despite opportunities, the Canes lost one doubles match, 8-7. Coach Mario Rincon is proud of the team’s performance this weekend, which should give them momentum going forward.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...