Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 2/14

Track & Field

The Hurricanes competed in the University of Arkansas’ Tyson Invitational on Friday and Saturday. Greg Kaczka broke the school record in the indoor mile run in 4:14.66. Several Canes reached their season-best, improving as they lead up to the ACC championship.

Women’s Tennis

The No. 10 Hurricane women’s tennis team remains perfect on the season as they defeated the No. 15 Florida State Seminoles 6-1 on Sunday afternoon. The victory comes just two days after sweeping Florida International University, 7-0. The Canes will now prepare for the ITA National Indoor Championships in Virginia.

Men’s Tennis

On Friday, the Hurricanes swept Troy to improve to 3-2. Waylon Chin won his match 6-1, 6-1, nearly blanking his opponent. Despite opportunities, the Canes lost one doubles match, 8-7. Coach Mario Rincon is proud of the team’s performance this weekend, which should give them momentum going forward.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...