News Briefs 2/14

New Arabic Minor

The Department of Modern Languages and Literature is now offering a new Arabic Studies minor. For more information, contact Dr. Christina Civantos at ccivantos@miami.edu.

Interviewing Skills Workshop

The Toppel Career Center will be hosting an Interviewing Skills Workshop on Feb. 15 at 3 p.m. For more information, contact the Toppel Carer Center at 305-284-5451.

Neil Baldwin Lecture

Dr. Neil Baldwin will be speaking at One Writer’s Journey: From Small Press Poetry to E-Book Novel, with Many & Varied Stops Along the Way on Feb. 17 at the CAS Gallery/Wesley House. There will be a reception at 4:30 p.m. and the lecture will start at 5 p.m. Baldwin is an Emmy-nominated writer who has published three volumes of poetry, three textbooks and three biographies and has won several awards for his work. To RSVP, email provost@miami.edu.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News Briefs 2/14”

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...