Photo

BellyMotions come to the U

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

Portia Lange, a worldwide belly dance performer, instructor, president and CEO of BellyMotions belly dance studio, leads her students in her beginners class focused on learning the fundamentals of belly dance.

Instructors from BellyMotions have been teaching classes at the Wellness Center and they are offering an academic class this semester. The beginner’s belly dance multi-week course requires pre-registration, while the introductory course to Middle Eastern dance requires no previous experience.

Both these courses teach the basic movements of belly dance, which, according to the Web site, include head, ribs and hip isolations.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...