Photo

BellyMotions come to the U

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

Portia Lange, a worldwide belly dance performer, instructor, president and CEO of BellyMotions belly dance studio, leads her students in her beginners class focused on learning the fundamentals of belly dance.

Instructors from BellyMotions have been teaching classes at the Wellness Center and they are offering an academic class this semester. The beginner’s belly dance multi-week course requires pre-registration, while the introductory course to Middle Eastern dance requires no previous experience.

Both these courses teach the basic movements of belly dance, which, according to the Web site, include head, ribs and hip isolations.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...