Photo

BellyMotions come to the U

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

Portia Lange, a worldwide belly dance performer, instructor, president and CEO of BellyMotions belly dance studio, leads her students in her beginners class focused on learning the fundamentals of belly dance.

Instructors from BellyMotions have been teaching classes at the Wellness Center and they are offering an academic class this semester. The beginner’s belly dance multi-week course requires pre-registration, while the introductory course to Middle Eastern dance requires no previous experience.

Both these courses teach the basic movements of belly dance, which, according to the Web site, include head, ribs and hip isolations.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in its first road game of the seaso ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...