Sports briefs 2/10

TRACK AND FIELD

Devon Hill was named the ACC’s Indoor Track Performer of the Week. At the Virginia Tech Elite last Friday, he went 3-0 in the 60m hurdles, tying the second-best time in the nation. Hill is the first male Hurricane to win the award since Mikese Morse in March 2009.

BASEBALL

Third baseman Harold Martinez has been named to the 2011 Baseball America Preseason All-America Team. This is his second Preseason All-America award; in December he was selected to the Louisville Slugger Third Team. In 2010, Martinez led the ACC with 21 home runs. He finished the season leading UM in RBIs (69), second in slugging percentage (.598) and third in hits (71).

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...