Sports briefs 2/10

TRACK AND FIELD

Devon Hill was named the ACC’s Indoor Track Performer of the Week. At the Virginia Tech Elite last Friday, he went 3-0 in the 60m hurdles, tying the second-best time in the nation. Hill is the first male Hurricane to win the award since Mikese Morse in March 2009.

BASEBALL

Third baseman Harold Martinez has been named to the 2011 Baseball America Preseason All-America Team. This is his second Preseason All-America award; in December he was selected to the Louisville Slugger Third Team. In 2010, Martinez led the ACC with 21 home runs. He finished the season leading UM in RBIs (69), second in slugging percentage (.598) and third in hits (71).

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...