Sports briefs 2/10

TRACK AND FIELD

Devon Hill was named the ACC’s Indoor Track Performer of the Week. At the Virginia Tech Elite last Friday, he went 3-0 in the 60m hurdles, tying the second-best time in the nation. Hill is the first male Hurricane to win the award since Mikese Morse in March 2009.

BASEBALL

Third baseman Harold Martinez has been named to the 2011 Baseball America Preseason All-America Team. This is his second Preseason All-America award; in December he was selected to the Louisville Slugger Third Team. In 2010, Martinez led the ACC with 21 home runs. He finished the season leading UM in RBIs (69), second in slugging percentage (.598) and third in hits (71).

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...