Sports briefs 2/10

TRACK AND FIELD

Devon Hill was named the ACC’s Indoor Track Performer of the Week. At the Virginia Tech Elite last Friday, he went 3-0 in the 60m hurdles, tying the second-best time in the nation. Hill is the first male Hurricane to win the award since Mikese Morse in March 2009.

BASEBALL

Third baseman Harold Martinez has been named to the 2011 Baseball America Preseason All-America Team. This is his second Preseason All-America award; in December he was selected to the Louisville Slugger Third Team. In 2010, Martinez led the ACC with 21 home runs. He finished the season leading UM in RBIs (69), second in slugging percentage (.598) and third in hits (71).

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...