Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports Briefs

Swimming/ Diving

Redshirt senior diver Brittany Viola won the 10m title at the USA Diving Winter Nationals in Iowa City, Iowa.

Track and Field

The Canes competed in the Virginia Tech Elite this weekend. Junior Devon Hill broke his school record in the 60m hurdles with a time of 7.71 seconds. Senior Tarika Williams finished the 200m dash with the third fastest time in school history. Several other team members placed first in their events and scored new personal bests.

Women’s Tennis

Miami has moved up one spot to No. 10 in the most recent Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller may be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...