Football, Sports

The scoop on Super Bowl XLV watch parties

Usually closed on Sundays, the Rathskeller is opening its doors this Sunday for a Super Bowl watch party.

“It was huge last year,” said Everett Price, Jr., manager of the Rathskeller.

Freshman Nicholas Schiller, a Steelers fan, is excited to watch the game on the large indoor screen set up by the Rathskeller.

“It’s awesome,” he said. “Instead of running over to my friend’s dorm and his small screen, I can now watch the game the way it’s meant to be watched.”

Management does not know what to expect after last year’s big turnout.

“It’s tough to say; it’s the Packers and Steelers- plus, last year [the game]was hosted here, so we have to see,” Price said.

Senior Jeremy Jeffers is glad that the Rat is bringing back their popular NFL beer specials.

“It’s usually the only reason I come to the Rat; I mean the food is good, but c’mon!” he said.

The beer is just one of the menu specials being offered by the Rat this year. Fans should look out for several other food and drink specials.

The Rathskeller is known to fill up quickly, so make sure to arrive early for Super Bowl XLV because according to management, there are currently no plans to move the party outdoors.
Doors open at 5 p.m. and kickoff is at 6:30 p.m.

Jason Soriano may be contacted at jsoriano@themiamihurricane.com.

Where to watch:

Gordon Biersch
1201 Brickell Ave
Each seat will be sold on Sunday for $20. Price also includes a buffet of burgers, wings, and fries, as well as two tickets for home brewed beer.

Finnegan’s on the River
201 SW 3 Avenue
Party starts at 2 pm and goes all the way until 2 am. Alongside an indoor bar with plasma tvs, they also offer a pool and giant bar with plasma outside as well.

Tobacco Road
626 South Miami Avenue
For those looking to keep it simple, Tobacco Road is offering their Sunday specials while keeping their kitchens open until 4 am.

Hard Rock Live
1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
Those willing to make the drive north can watch the game at the Seminole Hard Rock courtesy of WSVN-Fox. Appearances by the Hard Rock Girls as well appearances by the Lingerie Football League. General admission seating is free of charge.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...