News Briefs 2/3

WVUM GETS WOODIE
University of Miami radio station WVUM “the Voice,” has made it to the top 50 in consideration for an mtvU Woodie Award for the best college radio station in the United States. The top 25 nominees for the award will be revealed Feb. 8 on mtvU’s website, where voting will be open to the public. The awards will air March 16 at midnight on MTV, MTV2 and mtvU.

APPLY FOR GRADUATION
The deadline to apply for spring and summer graduation is Friday, March 4. Students who will not participate in the spring ceremony, or those who will not complete degree requirements until the summer semester, must still apply by this date. Applications are available on myUM under the Student/Academic tab in the Graduation Information section.

SG ELECTIONS
The last day to file for Student Government candidacy and referenda is Friday. Applications are due online by 5 p.m.

TOPPEL C.A.N.E. EXPLORERS
Toppel Career Center is hosting Preparing for Summer Job and Internship Opportunities on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the Toppel Career Center. Students can explore their options for a summer internship or job and hear from other students who have held summer positions.  This program is part of the C.A.N.E Explorer series that aims to help students who have not decided their major or are considering changing their major.

Alexandra Leon and Alysha Khan may be contacted at asstnews@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...