News Briefs 2/3

WVUM GETS WOODIE
University of Miami radio station WVUM “the Voice,” has made it to the top 50 in consideration for an mtvU Woodie Award for the best college radio station in the United States. The top 25 nominees for the award will be revealed Feb. 8 on mtvU’s website, where voting will be open to the public. The awards will air March 16 at midnight on MTV, MTV2 and mtvU.

APPLY FOR GRADUATION
The deadline to apply for spring and summer graduation is Friday, March 4. Students who will not participate in the spring ceremony, or those who will not complete degree requirements until the summer semester, must still apply by this date. Applications are available on myUM under the Student/Academic tab in the Graduation Information section.

SG ELECTIONS
The last day to file for Student Government candidacy and referenda is Friday. Applications are due online by 5 p.m.

TOPPEL C.A.N.E. EXPLORERS
Toppel Career Center is hosting Preparing for Summer Job and Internship Opportunities on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the Toppel Career Center. Students can explore their options for a summer internship or job and hear from other students who have held summer positions.  This program is part of the C.A.N.E Explorer series that aims to help students who have not decided their major or are considering changing their major.

Alexandra Leon and Alysha Khan may be contacted at asstnews@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer