Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 2/3

Baseball

The Hurricanes Baseball FanFest and team banquet will be held on the weekend of Feb. 11-12. The team banquet will be held at Jungle Island on Feb. 11 with guest speaker Jason Michaels, former Cane and current member of the Houston Astros. The FanFest begins at 3 p.m. on Feb. 12 at Alex Rodriguez Park. An autograph session with the 2011 Canes will kick off the festivities. The event is free for the public.

Women’s Tennis

The 11th-ranked Canes beat Arizona State (ranked 21st) in the championship match of the ITA Kick-Off Weekend on Sunday, advancing to the ITA National Team Indoor Championships. The score was 4-3. Miami is one of 16 teams competing in the ITA indoors. The Canes next play FIU on Feb. 11 and FSU on Feb. 13 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller may be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...