News Briefs

Deadline for FAFSA soon

The preferred filing deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is Feb. 1 for undergraduate students and March 1 for graduate students. To apply, visit fafsa.ed.gov. For help with the application process, contact the Office of Financial Assistance at 305-284-5212 or at ofas@miami.edu.

Humanities Speech Feb. 10

The College of Arts and Sciences’ Center for the Humanities is presenting a lecture by Martha Nussbaum on her book “Not For Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities” on Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. in the Storer Auditorium. For more information, visit humanities.miami.edu/programs/lectures/martha-nussbaum.

Leadership Summit 2011

Leadership Summit 2011, Live Now, Lead Now: Create your Path to Success, took place on Jan. 29 at the UC from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This one-day conference is an annual tradition that increases awareness of real-world leadership ideas and stresses the development of leadership capability. Keynote speakers included Trish Downing, Mayor Don Slesnick and Frank Kelly.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...