News Briefs

Deadline for FAFSA soon

The preferred filing deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is Feb. 1 for undergraduate students and March 1 for graduate students. To apply, visit fafsa.ed.gov. For help with the application process, contact the Office of Financial Assistance at 305-284-5212 or at ofas@miami.edu.

Humanities Speech Feb. 10

The College of Arts and Sciences’ Center for the Humanities is presenting a lecture by Martha Nussbaum on her book “Not For Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities” on Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. in the Storer Auditorium. For more information, visit humanities.miami.edu/programs/lectures/martha-nussbaum.

Leadership Summit 2011

Leadership Summit 2011, Live Now, Lead Now: Create your Path to Success, took place on Jan. 29 at the UC from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This one-day conference is an annual tradition that increases awareness of real-world leadership ideas and stresses the development of leadership capability. Keynote speakers included Trish Downing, Mayor Don Slesnick and Frank Kelly.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...