News Briefs

Deadline for FAFSA soon

The preferred filing deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is Feb. 1 for undergraduate students and March 1 for graduate students. To apply, visit fafsa.ed.gov. For help with the application process, contact the Office of Financial Assistance at 305-284-5212 or at ofas@miami.edu.

Humanities Speech Feb. 10

The College of Arts and Sciences’ Center for the Humanities is presenting a lecture by Martha Nussbaum on her book “Not For Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities” on Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. in the Storer Auditorium. For more information, visit humanities.miami.edu/programs/lectures/martha-nussbaum.

Leadership Summit 2011

Leadership Summit 2011, Live Now, Lead Now: Create your Path to Success, took place on Jan. 29 at the UC from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This one-day conference is an annual tradition that increases awareness of real-world leadership ideas and stresses the development of leadership capability. Keynote speakers included Trish Downing, Mayor Don Slesnick and Frank Kelly.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...