Crash closes metro

A section of the MetroRail was shut down Friday morning as a precautionary measure after a dumpster truck crashed into one of the columns that support the track.

The truck was carrying waste bins when it hit the column on Stanford Drive between U.S. 1 and Ponce De Leon Boulevard.

Transit officials shut down the southbound track between the Douglas Road and South Miami stations. Commuters were forced to leave the trains and use shuttles to travel between stations.

The trains and their passengers were all unharmed in the incident and the MetroRail has since reopened.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Click on an author to edit. Click on “Delete” to remove them.

Podcast Episode

Auto detect file size
Specify:
in bytes

Auto detect duration (mp3’s only)
Specify:
:
:
HH:MM:SS
Not specified

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...