Sports briefs 12/2

Swimming & Diving

After a record breaking weekend at the Georgia Tech Invitational which also included a fourth place finish, the Hurricane Swimming & Diving team are on the road once again as they compete in the Texas Invitational, hosted by the University of Texas in Austin. The tournament began today and goes all the way up until Saturday afternoon. This will be the final away event of the fall for the Canes. Next, they will kick off the spring portion of their season in January against crosstown rival FIU.

Women’s Basketball

The Hurricanes will look to extend their five game winning streak this Sunday when they take on the Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners at the Bank United Center at 2 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. The Canes are coming off of a 85-36 blowout over the Southern University Jaguars, a team that last year made the NCAA tournament as a 16-seed. Looking ahead, they will also face the 12th ranked Georgetown Hoyas on Tuesday night in what will be the toughest challange to date for the Canes. That game will take place at 7 p.m. Both games can be heard live on wvum.org or 90.5 FM.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...