Memorial to be held for alum

Courtesy Angie Charlow
Courtesy Angie Charlow

University of Miami alumnus Andrew Klausmeyer passed away last Monday in a car accident while traveling home.
The 24 year old died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident near Golden, Colo.
Klausmeyer, who graduated from UM in 2008, was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon and the Housing Board.
“If you had to pick a Cane to embody, he was it,” said Klausmeyer’s fraternity brother D.J. Walters, class of 2008.
Klausmeyer, who was born in Lutherville, Md., resided in Miami and worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as a wealth management financial advisor.
“His ambition was unbelievable,” said another SAE brother, Miles Varghese, class of 2009.
According to an obituary published in The Miami Herald, Klausmeyer traveled the world, enjoyed fishing, boating, snow skiing and spending time with his family. His brothers remember him as the “life of the party.”
“He made sure you had a better time than he did,” Walters said.
A viewing was held Sunday at Kendall United Methodist Church. The funeral and memorial service will be held Monday at 10:30 a.m. at the same location.
Eric Klausmeyer created a Facebook memorial page for his brother Andrew.
“Thanks to everyone for all their support through this tragedy,” said Eric on the group’s wall.
In lieu of flowers, Klausmeyer’s family is asking that people donate money to the Children’s First Society for UM pediatrics dedicated to improving child health. Andrew co-founded  the organization and served as a board member. Contributions can be made out to UM Pediatrics, (memo) CFS in memory of Andrew Klausmeyer, and mailed to: Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Office of Advancement, PO Box 016820 (D820), Miami, FL 33101.

Alysha Khan and Alexandra Leon may be contacted at asstnews@themiamihurricane.com.