Memorial to be held for alum

Courtesy Angie Charlow

University of Miami alumnus Andrew Klausmeyer passed away last Monday in a car accident while traveling home.
The 24 year old died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident near Golden, Colo.
Klausmeyer, who graduated from UM in 2008, was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon and the Housing Board.
“If you had to pick a Cane to embody, he was it,” said Klausmeyer’s fraternity brother D.J. Walters, class of 2008.
Klausmeyer, who was born in Lutherville, Md., resided in Miami and worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as a wealth management financial advisor.
“His ambition was unbelievable,” said another SAE brother, Miles Varghese, class of 2009.
According to an obituary published in The Miami Herald, Klausmeyer traveled the world, enjoyed fishing, boating, snow skiing and spending time with his family. His brothers remember him as the “life of the party.”
“He made sure you had a better time than he did,” Walters said.
A viewing was held Sunday at Kendall United Methodist Church. The funeral and memorial service will be held Monday at 10:30 a.m. at the same location.
Eric Klausmeyer created a Facebook memorial page for his brother Andrew.
“Thanks to everyone for all their support through this tragedy,” said Eric on the group’s wall.
In lieu of flowers, Klausmeyer’s family is asking that people donate money to the Children’s First Society for UM pediatrics dedicated to improving child health. Andrew co-founded  the organization and served as a board member. Contributions can be made out to UM Pediatrics, (memo) CFS in memory of Andrew Klausmeyer, and mailed to: Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Office of Advancement, PO Box 016820 (D820), Miami, FL 33101.

Alysha Khan and Alexandra Leon may be contacted at asstnews@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Memorial to be held for alum”

1. Hi. I really liked how you wrote this story.

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

A sobering reminder came watching the Golden State Warriors slice through the NBA to a championship ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

The Miami women's swimming & diving program was among those recognized by the College Swimm ...

Five members of the University of Miami track and field program will compete against their country ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Dejan Vasiljevic is set to compete for Australia ...

Nine Hurricanes were named to Athlon Sports Preseason All-ACC Teams, including a conference-leading ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...