Memorial to be held for alum

Courtesy Angie Charlow

University of Miami alumnus Andrew Klausmeyer passed away last Monday in a car accident while traveling home.
The 24 year old died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident near Golden, Colo.
Klausmeyer, who graduated from UM in 2008, was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon and the Housing Board.
“If you had to pick a Cane to embody, he was it,” said Klausmeyer’s fraternity brother D.J. Walters, class of 2008.
Klausmeyer, who was born in Lutherville, Md., resided in Miami and worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as a wealth management financial advisor.
“His ambition was unbelievable,” said another SAE brother, Miles Varghese, class of 2009.
According to an obituary published in The Miami Herald, Klausmeyer traveled the world, enjoyed fishing, boating, snow skiing and spending time with his family. His brothers remember him as the “life of the party.”
“He made sure you had a better time than he did,” Walters said.
A viewing was held Sunday at Kendall United Methodist Church. The funeral and memorial service will be held Monday at 10:30 a.m. at the same location.
Eric Klausmeyer created a Facebook memorial page for his brother Andrew.
“Thanks to everyone for all their support through this tragedy,” said Eric on the group’s wall.
In lieu of flowers, Klausmeyer’s family is asking that people donate money to the Children’s First Society for UM pediatrics dedicated to improving child health. Andrew co-founded  the organization and served as a board member. Contributions can be made out to UM Pediatrics, (memo) CFS in memory of Andrew Klausmeyer, and mailed to: Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Office of Advancement, PO Box 016820 (D820), Miami, FL 33101.

Alysha Khan and Alexandra Leon may be contacted at asstnews@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Alexandra Leon Senior News Writer

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Memorial to be held for alum”

1. Hi. I really liked how you wrote this story.

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team will head north to take on Boston College Friday at 1 p.m. ...

Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the dates for the 2 ...

Briadam Herrera picked up the third All-America honor of his career Thursday with a fifth-place fini ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame will hold the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Tu ...