Memorial to be held for alum

Courtesy Angie Charlow

University of Miami alumnus Andrew Klausmeyer passed away last Monday in a car accident while traveling home.
The 24 year old died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident near Golden, Colo.
Klausmeyer, who graduated from UM in 2008, was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon and the Housing Board.
“If you had to pick a Cane to embody, he was it,” said Klausmeyer’s fraternity brother D.J. Walters, class of 2008.
Klausmeyer, who was born in Lutherville, Md., resided in Miami and worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as a wealth management financial advisor.
“His ambition was unbelievable,” said another SAE brother, Miles Varghese, class of 2009.
According to an obituary published in The Miami Herald, Klausmeyer traveled the world, enjoyed fishing, boating, snow skiing and spending time with his family. His brothers remember him as the “life of the party.”
“He made sure you had a better time than he did,” Walters said.
A viewing was held Sunday at Kendall United Methodist Church. The funeral and memorial service will be held Monday at 10:30 a.m. at the same location.
Eric Klausmeyer created a Facebook memorial page for his brother Andrew.
“Thanks to everyone for all their support through this tragedy,” said Eric on the group’s wall.
In lieu of flowers, Klausmeyer’s family is asking that people donate money to the Children’s First Society for UM pediatrics dedicated to improving child health. Andrew co-founded  the organization and served as a board member. Contributions can be made out to UM Pediatrics, (memo) CFS in memory of Andrew Klausmeyer, and mailed to: Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Office of Advancement, PO Box 016820 (D820), Miami, FL 33101.

Alysha Khan and Alexandra Leon may be contacted at asstnews@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Memorial to be held for alum”

1. Hi. I really liked how you wrote this story.

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Check out some of the best photos from the Miami women's tennis team's 4-0 victory against ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis match against Duke. ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team will make its ninth appearance in the ACC Champions ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team defeated No. 12-seed Boston College, 4-0, Friday af ...

The University of Miami track and field team closed out the 2017 outdoor track and field regular sea ...