Music Minute: Holiday Playlist

The closer you are to finals, the closer you get to finally being able to go home and kick back with the family for all of winter break. When you step in the house after a long fall semester, take nothing for granted: the massive tree or twinkling menorah, your parents’ cooking and the unmatched warmth of your home. Lastly, deck the halls while listening to your favorite holiday (or just plain favorite) lyrics.

1. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” by The Jackson 5 – A classic’s a classic. Let Michael take you back to when you thought Santa was real and shimmying down your chimney each year.
  2. “Dark Fantasy” by Kanye West – It may be the anecdotal prelude, or the echoing “Can we get much higher?” but this song is exactly the bedtime fable that can rock you to sleep after a night of too much…eggnog.
  3. “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong – If you forget how wonderful living really is, let ol’ Satchmo remind you.
  4. “Raise Your Glass” by P!nk – Mainstream and feel-good make for a must-play song.
  5. “The Chanukah Song” by Neil Diamond – Silly but suitable: “Instead of one day of presents/We have eight crazy nights” – play this on every one of them.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...