Music Minute: Holiday Playlist

The closer you are to finals, the closer you get to finally being able to go home and kick back with the family for all of winter break. When you step in the house after a long fall semester, take nothing for granted: the massive tree or twinkling menorah, your parents’ cooking and the unmatched warmth of your home. Lastly, deck the halls while listening to your favorite holiday (or just plain favorite) lyrics.

1. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” by The Jackson 5 – A classic’s a classic. Let Michael take you back to when you thought Santa was real and shimmying down your chimney each year.
  2. “Dark Fantasy” by Kanye West – It may be the anecdotal prelude, or the echoing “Can we get much higher?” but this song is exactly the bedtime fable that can rock you to sleep after a night of too much…eggnog.
  3. “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong – If you forget how wonderful living really is, let ol’ Satchmo remind you.
  4. “Raise Your Glass” by P!nk – Mainstream and feel-good make for a must-play song.
  5. “The Chanukah Song” by Neil Diamond – Silly but suitable: “Instead of one day of presents/We have eight crazy nights” – play this on every one of them.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...