Music Minute: Holiday Playlist

The closer you are to finals, the closer you get to finally being able to go home and kick back with the family for all of winter break. When you step in the house after a long fall semester, take nothing for granted: the massive tree or twinkling menorah, your parents’ cooking and the unmatched warmth of your home. Lastly, deck the halls while listening to your favorite holiday (or just plain favorite) lyrics.

1. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” by The Jackson 5 – A classic’s a classic. Let Michael take you back to when you thought Santa was real and shimmying down your chimney each year.
  2. “Dark Fantasy” by Kanye West – It may be the anecdotal prelude, or the echoing “Can we get much higher?” but this song is exactly the bedtime fable that can rock you to sleep after a night of too much…eggnog.
  3. “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong – If you forget how wonderful living really is, let ol’ Satchmo remind you.
  4. “Raise Your Glass” by P!nk – Mainstream and feel-good make for a must-play song.
  5. “The Chanukah Song” by Neil Diamond – Silly but suitable: “Instead of one day of presents/We have eight crazy nights” – play this on every one of them.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...