Dear V

Dear V: Am I a Grade A slut?

I had been in a relationship for years, and became single a few months ago. I’ve found that once you’ve had sex, what are you saving it for? In a city where guys can generally get laid if they try at all, it seems like they can easily lose interest, and I find myself beginning to have low sexpectations, let alone romance. But as my number is steadily climbing, I have begun to worry, are we simply romantically challenged, or are we sluts?

Slightly Slutty

Well Slut,

I’ve often found myself contemplating the same question: Do our countless conquests simply make us sexually expressive and comfortable beings? Or have we justified such a concept to ourselves when in actuality, we are nothing more then pathetic whores?

The answer can be found in the actions and interactions that take place before you end up sexing up one of these fine, or possibly not so fine, men. This will take a bit of reflection on your part.

What have you done leading up to said encounters? Has it involved a social situation? Dinner, drinks, a movie, Parcheesi? Or has it simply involved little to no interaction followed by what seems to be a push strictly to the physical? A quick in-and-out.

But why might the approach give you an answer?

You want to know if you are romantically challenged or just a bit overly sexual. If you are seeking strictly sexual encounters with individuals in which you see yourself caring less about the person they are and the deeper intellectual connections you make, then you might not be acting in your best interest; Therefore, you are in fact, acting like a whore.

I am in no way calling overtly sexual people whores because expressive sexuality in no way makes a person a “slut.” However, when a person lowers their standards, social interactions and overall encounters with a person they plan on engaging in sex with, then they are a whore.

So reflect and see where your actions have led you- ideally, this will let you know: Are you a romantic sorting through men to find a good match or, rather, are you an unsatisfied jezebel looking for her next ‘fix.’

Good luck,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Advice Columnist

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...