V's Take

Dear V: Am I a Grade A slut?

I had been in a relationship for years, and became single a few months ago. I’ve found that once you’ve had sex, what are you saving it for? In a city where guys can generally get laid if they try at all, it seems like they can easily lose interest, and I find myself beginning to have low sexpectations, let alone romance. But as my number is steadily climbing, I have begun to worry, are we simply romantically challenged, or are we sluts?

Slightly Slutty

Well Slut,

I’ve often found myself contemplating the same question: Do our countless conquests simply make us sexually expressive and comfortable beings? Or have we justified such a concept to ourselves when in actuality, we are nothing more then pathetic whores?

The answer can be found in the actions and interactions that take place before you end up sexing up one of these fine, or possibly not so fine, men. This will take a bit of reflection on your part.

What have you done leading up to said encounters? Has it involved a social situation? Dinner, drinks, a movie, Parcheesi? Or has it simply involved little to no interaction followed by what seems to be a push strictly to the physical? A quick in-and-out.

But why might the approach give you an answer?

You want to know if you are romantically challenged or just a bit overly sexual. If you are seeking strictly sexual encounters with individuals in which you see yourself caring less about the person they are and the deeper intellectual connections you make, then you might not be acting in your best interest; Therefore, you are in fact, acting like a whore.

I am in no way calling overtly sexual people whores because expressive sexuality in no way makes a person a “slut.” However, when a person lowers their standards, social interactions and overall encounters with a person they plan on engaging in sex with, then they are a whore.

So reflect and see where your actions have led you- ideally, this will let you know: Are you a romantic sorting through men to find a good match or, rather, are you an unsatisfied jezebel looking for her next ‘fix.’

Good luck,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Advice Columnist

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...