Sports briefs 11/22

Swimming and diving

After two days of competition, the Canes swimming and diving team stood at fourth place in the Georgia Tech Invitational. The Canes have had their share of record breaking performances during the event, including finishing a 200 medley race in 1:41.35. Senior Annika Saarnak broke another school record as well, finishing the 100-meter butterfly in 53.59. The Canes are off until Dec. 2, when they will participate in the Texas Invitational.

Men’s basketball

Despite a double-double by Reggie Johnson, the Hurricane men’s basketball team was unable to secure a win in New York on Sunday afternoon, falling to the Rutger Scarlet Knights, 61-45. Johnson had 12 points and 14 rebounds, but Durand Scott and Malcolm Grant were held to eight points combined. The Canes (2-2) will next play on Wednesday night, taking on the Mcneese State Cowboys (2-1) at the BankUnited Center. The game can be heard live on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Women’s basketball

The Hurricanes will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving tournament at the BankUnited Center this coming week, welcoming UNC Greensboro, Eastern Illinois, and Florida Atlantic University. The Canes will play against FAU on Friday at 7 p.m., with the final game of the tournament coming on Saturday at 5 p.m. (if they lose Friday) or 7 p.m. (if they win Friday). All of the action can be heard on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...