News Briefs 11/22

Student art Exhibit
The University of Miami College of Arts and Sciences will partake in Art Miami, with student works being displayed at the art fair from Dec. 1 to 5. Art Miami kicks off at the Miami Midtown Arts District the first week of December with thousands of collectors, dealers, curators, and artists. For more information call 305-284-2542.

Linda Ray Intervention Center Receives Award
The Children’s Trust of Miami-Dade County recognized the University of Miami’s Linda Ray Intervention Center as the recipient of the Excellence in School Readiness Programming Award, for its “Project Hand-N-Hand” interactive parenting program for parents and their young children.

UM Athletics Receives $5 million
On Nov 19 the University of Miami announced a donation of $5 million from the Ted & Todd Schwartz Family Foundation as the lead gift in the campaign for the Center for Athletic Excellence, which will provide state-of-the-art resources for the over 400 enrolled student-athletes to achieve their personal, educational and athletic goals.

Relay For Life
Relay for Life is teaming up with Vineyard Vines to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  Stop by the Rock on Tuesday  from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. to donate.

Nelson Dellis, U.S. Memory Champion
Come see Nelson Dellis, the U.S. World Memory Champion, on Monday at 7 p.m. in LC 140. He will be climbing Mount Everest to raise money and support for Alzheimer’s diseases. Refreshments at the sesision will be served.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...